Today I have a Beauty of the Deep Thank You card for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. Our theme this month is a sketch challenge.
Here is the sketch we are using. It is an old sketch from Mojo Monday, created by Julee Tilman. It has a nice layout and it will work with almost any stamp set that you have.
I happen to choose the stamp set Beauty of the Deep. It is an ocean-themed stamp set, and happens to be the only one that I own of that kind. I love the ocean, but have just never purchased those themes in the past. Maybe it’s because I live in the desert?
One of the reasons I did purchase it though, is I have been discussing getting an aquarium with my husband. I had one many years ago and really miss the serenity that it brings. And with that thought in mind, it was pretty easy to create my under water themed card.
Here is how you create the card.
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼”.
- Adhere a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Let’s Go Fishing DSP to the card base.
- Cut a different 2 ¾” x 4” piece of Let’s Go Fishing DSP and a 2” x 3 ¼” piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock. Sandwich the Misty Moonlight piece in the Stripes & Splatters embossing folder and run through your cut & emboss machine.
- On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamp the following; an anchor in Pebbled Path ink, and two fish in Tuxedo Memento black ink. Color the fish using your Dark Lemon Lolly and Daffodil delight Stampin’ Blends.
- Using your cut & emboss machine again, crop the following; your stamped images, two large and two small pieces of seaweed in Old Olive cardstock, a large coral and the 2nd smallest circle in Calypso Coral cardstock, using the Beauty of the Deep and Stylish Shapes dies.
Time to assemble
- Adhere the coral to the DSP and the large seaweed to the Misty Moonlight piece using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Attach the DSP to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhere the Misty Moonlight piece on top. (hint- use Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals in the top and bottom-right corners of the Misty Moonlight piece for support and to ensure it is even with the bottom layer of DSP.)
- Snip the corner of a 1 ¼” x 3 7/8” piece of Let’s Go Fishing DSP and stamp your sentiment center-left using Pebbled Path ink. (The sentiment is from the Grassy Grove stamp set)
- Attach a piece of small seaweed to the sentiment and attach to the card. (hint- place Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals in three of the corners, with MLG in the center, for support and to ensure it is even with the other layers.)
- Adhere the anchor to the circle, with a small piece of seaweed adhered to the back and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Dimensionals to the two fish and adhere to the card.
- Attach five bubbles (Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels) to the card as shown.
Want an easy to read copy of instructions that you can print or download? A complete PDF tutorial can be found by clicking the button below.
Before you go
There are many other talented demos that have a different take on the sketch. Be sure to click on their names below to see what they have to share with you.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Beauty of the Deep Thank You for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Beauty of the Deep Thank You card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Bonus Days Ending Today!!
Today is the last day to to earn your coupons!
When you shop between July 6th–31st and spend $50 USD you will earn a $5 USD coupon, and there is no limit on how many coupons you can earn. Spend $100, get two coupons, spend $150, get three coupons, etc…
All coupon codes will be emailed right after a qualifying purchase has been made and you can redeem them between August 1st – 31st.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can redeem on an order during the redemption period. If using multiple codes, they must be separated by a space.
- Coupons may be redeemed one time only.
- Coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin month-to-month subscriptions).
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.