I have a masculine Wildlife Wonder card for you today for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. Our theme is for the fellas this month and we will be sharing our masculine creations with you.
Masculine cards are something that a lot of people struggle with. They usually don’t contain the “bling” that we tend to use on our floral cards, but you can still “jazz” them up a bit. All you need is a nice variety of color, a couple of ribbons, and some Dimensionals.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Soft Suede cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Crop a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Crumb Card cardstock with the Aspen Trees die using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Lay your die cut on a scrap piece of paper and color lightly with Early Espresso ink using your blending Brush.
- Cut the die cut, where the trees meet the edge, with your Paper Snips.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine again, crop a piece of Masking Paper and a small piece of cardstock (any color) with the 2nd smallest circle from the Layering Circles dies.
- Lay a 3 ¾” x 5” piece of Basic White cardstock on a scrap piece of paper. Place the cardstock with the circle cut out on top and secure in place with Post It notes (or any non-stick tape).
- Color the inside of the circle (the moon) with So Saffron and Smoky Slate ink using your Blending Brush.
- Remove the cardstock, peel the backing off the Masking Paper circle, and place over the moon.
- Color the Basic White cardstock with your Blending Brushes using Balmy Blue and Basic Gray ink, then remove the Masking Paper circle.
Time to add the details
- Wrap two 6” pieces of Early Espresso Faux Suede ribbon around the piece and secure the ends with adhesive. Next, wrap a 6” piece of Silver Threaded Twine on top of the ribbon and secure the ends to the back with Stampin’ SEAL (hint- the middle of the two Suede ribbons is about 1” from the bottom of the cardstock. Also, untwist the ends of the twine to get them to lay flat on the back.)
- Adhere the piece to a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock. Attach to the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Attach the tree die cuts to the card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and your owl on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Early Espresso ink.
- Crop the sentiment with the small rectangle from the Deckled Rectangles dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Color the owl with the following Stampin’ Blends; Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Medium Tone 500, and Soft Suede.
- Cut the owl out with your Paper Snips and attach it and the sentiment to the card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. (hint- place your Dimensionals stacked on the back of the sentiment in a place that will not be on top of the trees. Since the trees are already popped up, you don’t want the Dimensionals on top will make it too tall.)
- Attach three Rustic Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots as shown.
Want an easy to read copy of instructions that you can print or download? A complete PDF tutorial can be found by clicking the button below.
Before you go
There are many other talented demos that want to show you their work. Be sure to click on their names below to see what they have to share with you. Also, be sure to hop along with us next month when we will be showcasing some fall/autumn/Halloween projects.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my masculine Wildlife Wonder card for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the masculine Wildlife Wonder card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Weekly Deals in September
There is still a couple of day left to get a weekly deal (or two)!
Every week in the month of September Stampin’ Up! has been offering a selection of discounted products. The discounted products have varied from week to week, and this week’s contain a lot of embellishments.
Here are the deals that are good for just two more days
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.