Today I have a mirrored bird technique made with Nested Friends.
I just really love the Nested Birds stamp set! It’s a fun set that allows for different bird nests, but it does have one flaw; there is only one bird.
To overcome this, I have used a mirror technique to create an additional bird. It not only gives you more than one bird, it has it facing a different direction. Perfect for the pair sitting on one nest!
It is a tip & technique that Stampin’ Up! featured on their social media sites on Tuesday.
Speaking of a Stampin’ Up! feature, keep reading, because they announced their color refresh yesterday and you can read all about it below.
To make the card
To stamp the mirrored image, you will need your Stamparatus, cardstock, Memento black ink, and your Silicone Craft Sheet.
Begin by stamping your bird image on a piece of Basic White cardstock, using your Stamparatus. Then, place your silicone craft sheet in the Stamparatus, and stamp your bird image on it. (Be sure to ink your stamp up and stamp twice for better ink coverage.)
Next, you will want to turn the silicone craft sheet upside down and transfer the stamped image on to the piece of Basic White cardstock. Press gently on the silicone craft sheet and be sure not to rub it, causing it to move. Then, gently lift up the Silicone Craft Sheet.
You should now have two birds on your cardstock and it’s time to color. I have colored mine with the medium tone, color lifter, and the following blends;
When that is done, crop your birds. Here’s another fun tip – since you colored your birds with Stampin’ Blends, you can cut both images out with one die!
There should be some bleeding of ink on the backside, so lay your die onto it, and crop like normal. Ta da, no fussy-cutting!
The rest is just completing the card. There is a 3″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Sahara Sand cardstock, that is embossed with the new Basics 3D embossing folder, on top of a 3 1/8″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Soft Suede. (They are on top of a Crumb Cake card base.)
Stamp your sentiment at the bottom, wrap a piece of Linen Thread around it, and tie a bow. Now, you will want to stamp and color your nest, the tree limb, and the eggs. The ink pad colors and Stampin’ Blends that I used are;
Finally, you will want to assemble your card and add a few Elegant Faceted Gems to tie it all together.
I hope you enjoyed this Mirrored Bird with Nested Friends Tip. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Mirrored Bird with Nested Friends card, you can click here or any of the photos above. March is a bonus month, so when you place a qualifying order, you get FREE embellishments from me. You can read about this promotion here.
When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program and get your FREE gift.
The Last Chance Retirement List is Out!
Yesterday, Stampin’ Up! revealed their lists of what items will be retiring from both the annual catalog and the Jan-Apr Mini catalog. There are lots of great items and I’m sure there will be a couple of your favorites on there, considering there will be a color refresh with the new annual catalog.
You will want to be sure to stock up on these colors, as they will no longer be available. That includes ink pads, ink refills, cardstock, markers, and blends.
Regarding the new colors that are taking their place, here is a video showing them. They will be available starting May 2, 2023.
The complete list of last chance retiring items can be found by clicking the buttons below.
Here are a few details to know about the Last Chance Retiring List.
- The Stamparatus and its accessories are part of this Last Chance promotion, but these are only available while supplies last. If there is leftover product at the end of this promotion, the Stamparatus and its accessories will move into the Online Exclusive category.
- Not all items on the Last Chance Products List will be discounted. When they are, they will vary from one market to another depending on product performance.
- All products are available while supplies last, and there are no purchase limits.
- Discounted items can be added to a Starter Kit and redeemed as a 50% off item or with Stampin’ Rewards.
- Stamp Sets are not guaranteed during this promotion and are while supplies last.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.