Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, we have a Tic Tac Toe theme. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we love reading your comments. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I am doing the right-corner diagonal line of the Tic Tac Toe challenge today. It is Mother’s Day, Flowers or Trees, and Ribbon or Twine.
This fun, side-braid card is actually easier to make that what you would think. The beautiful flowers are made with the new Paper Florist dies, on page 165 of the annual catalog.
They are a stand-alone item and have no matching stamps. They don’t need them though, because they are gorgeous all on their own!! The possibilities are endless when it comes to building flowers, so you should really check them out.
To make the card
The card came together rather easily with the help of Mixed Up Craft. She has a great tutorial on how to do the side braid and you can find that here.
I really like her version since it has the woven ribbon addition. The only thing that I changed was the size of the card. Hers was for a 5″ x 7″ and I altered it to measure 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. The length of ribbon that I used was 22″.
Add your layers once the braid and ribbon are finished. There is a 2 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Lost Lagoon DSP atop of a 3″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Pretty Peacock.
The sentiment is on a 2″ circle and it, as well as all the flowers, are attached with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. There is no need for Dimensionals on this card because the flowers provide enough depth on their own.
To finish the card, add a few 2022-2024 In Color Pearls to tie it all together.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are very excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on June 14th, when our theme will be showcasing the New 2023-2025 In Colors.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my Paper Florist Tic Tac Toe card for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Paper Florist Tic Tac Toe card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program and get your FREE gift.
May 2023 Paper Pumpkin – Exploring in Color
** Today is the last day to sign up for it!
Say hello to mountain landscapes and new In Colors! This month’s kit features nine outdoors-themed cards in our new 2023–2025 In Colors plus exclusive FREE stickers. Want more? Get the cards & envelopes add-on (available 2 May while supplies last) and continue your creative adventure!
NEW IN COLORS
This kit features outdoors-themed cards in our new 2023–2025 In Colors.
This kit includes a special bonus: FREE STICKERS! Look around and you’ll see stickers everywhere—on water bottles, laptops, coolers. And, of course, on paper crafting projects! It’s an on-trend extra that your going to love.
EXPLORING IN COLOR CARDS & ENVELOPES ADD-ON
This month, we’re offering a cards & envelopes add-on to keep the crafting adventure going! This add-on includes 18 cards, 6 each of 3 designs, plus 18 coordinating envelopes. The add-on is available starting 2 May while supplies last, so don’t wait!
This kit includes:
- All the supplies you need to create 9 card, 3 each of 3 designs, plus 9 coordinating envelopes.
- A 7-piece all-occasion stamp set that celebrates good friends and great adventures!
- 1 Copper Clay (new In Color!) Classic Stampin’ Spot.
- Twine and die-cut accents
- FREE stickers to put on your projects or anything you want—water bottles, laptops, coolers, and more!
- Finished card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm).
- Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Boho Blue, Copper Clay, Daffodil Delight, Moody Mauve, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path, Wild Wheat
This kit is available from April 11th thru May 10th.
Exploring In Color Cards & Envelopes
Available starting: 2 May, while supplies last
Item number: 163113
Price: $10.00 USD | $13.75 CAD
This add-on includes
- 18 cards, 6 each of 3 designs
- 18 coordinating envelopes
- Finished card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.
18 thoughts on “A Paper Florist Tic Tac Toe for the Pals Blog Hop”
Gorgeous card, Melissa! I love the beautiful flowers and intriguing braiding. Enjoy your day!
Thank you so much Hilda!!💗
These flowers are amazing, not to mention your fancy woven ribbon binding! Wow! Just wow!
Thank you so much Karen!
What a beautiful card, Melissa! I just the lattice fun fold you used. I will have to try it soon. Mixed Up Craft is such a great resource. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month.
Thank you Debbie! Mixed Up Craft is great and I wouldn’t have been able to make the side braid without her.😀
You win the fun fold contest, Melissa! This card is just amazing!
Awe, you’re the sweetest Rosanne! Thank you!!
Bold and beautiful choices here my friend! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
Thank you kindly Deb!😉
BEAUTIFUL card — I love the braiding! And I’ve had my eye on these dies. You’ve convinced me that I need them.
Thank you Mary! I’m always glad to help enable. 😂
Fascinating side braid, Melissa! Love the colorful flowers!
Thank you Su!
Hello Ms. Artisan…gorgeous card and you have mastered the art of paper flowers! Beautiful details and weaving the ribbon is super cool!
Thank you so much Windy! LOL..Ms. Artisan, made my day!😁
Wow! This is a fabulous card! The braid is great, but those flowers are really wonderful!
Thank you so much Jackie!!