Today I am showcasing a silver-embossed ornamental Christmas card for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. So, if you happened to be browsing my site or have hopped over from Marita’s site, I am happy that you are here!
Our theme this month is Wintertime and the Holidays. It is a favorite time of year for so many of us, so I couldn’t wait to share.
Every year, I used to help my Grandmother decorate her tree. She always had these beautiful glass ornaments that went on the tree and the stamp set Ornamental Envelopes reminds me of them. The ornaments were very delicate and had silver glitter glued to them. The silver glitter always ended up everywhere, but it left for a great memory.
I chose to use classic Christmas colors for this beautiful ornament card.
To Make the silver-embossed ornamental Christmas card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Real Red card stock. Score and fold at 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- Cut a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ piece of Tis’ the Season designer series paper and adhere to the card.
- Place a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock in the corner of your Stamparatus. Stamp all six ornaments (+ one small one) on it using Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Color the ornaments with Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends and the tops with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. Use the Blends Color Lifter to lighten some areas of the ornaments to give them a little bit of contrast.
- Prepare to heat emboss. Place the stamped images back in the Stamparatus and stamp again with Versamark. Quickly take it out of the Stamparatus and dust with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Shake off the excess powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.
- Crop the ornaments out with the Envelopes dies and set aside.
- On a 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp three branches at the top (overlapping them slightly) using Mint Macaron ink. Repeat using Shaded Spruce ink being sure not to stamp exactly in the same spot (you want both colors to be seen).
- Stamp a corner element in each bottom corner using Shaded Spruce ink.
- Lay your cropped ornaments on the Whisper White piece to determine how you want them to hang from the branches (do not adhere). Once you have decided on the layout, make a center mark (on the Whisper White piece) under each one with a pencil. Set the ornaments aside again.
- Prepare to emboss again. Using the address lines stamp, carefully ink up one line with Versamark ink and stamp from the branch to one of the pencil marks on the Whisper White piece. Dust with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. Repeat the process with each pencil mark. (Important – start with the shorter distance mark and only ink up the amount of dotted line that you need. If you start with a longer line, you will end up with Versamark and Embossing Powder all over)
- Adhere the Whisper White piece to a 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ piece of Real Red card stock and attach to the center of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the ornaments to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a small bow with Real Red Braided Linen Trim and attach to the card as shown with a Glue Dot.
If you would like to download or print a PDF version of the instructions, click below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits! Be sure to continue on to the next blog to see what Susan, from the Crafty Ducky Doodah, has in store for you. Next month we will be featuring projects created with the upcoming Sale-a-bration catalog items. So, don’t miss your chance to get a sneak peak at some of the new items!
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Silver-Embossed Ornamental Christmas card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.