I have a cute Snowman Magic Z Fold for you today for the SU Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop. It is also the 4th card is my 12 weeks of Christmas card series.
The Z fold is a great fun fold that I find myself going back to a lot. There are many varieties of the fold and I enjoy the look it gives by creating a 3D effect. For this particular one, the 3D effect was created with trees and a snowflake frame from the Snowman Magic stamp bundle..
This set is a fun one too! There are so many little pieces to it that you can come up with endless possibilities. The down side, however, is that there are so many little pieces. If you up for the challenge, you should give this one a try.
The stamp bundle can be found on page 44 of the Jul-Dec 2022 Mini catalog.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Pacific Point cardstock. Score it at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Score a 2” x 8 ½” piece of Pacific Point cardstock at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼” to form your “Z” strip.
- Using your Paper Trimmer, cut the following; a 4” x 5 ¼” and two 1 7/8” x 5 ¼” pieces of Balmy Blue cardstock, a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” and two 1 ¾” x 5 1/8” pieces of Storybook Gnomes designer series paper (DSP), and a 1 ¾” x 4” and two 1 ¾” x 1 7/8” pieces of coordinating Storybook Gnomes DSP.
- Layer and adhere the layering pieces to the card base and “Z” strip as shown using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Apply some MLG to the back side of the “Z” strip. Ensure that you only apply it no further than 2” from each end, and attach to the card.
Time to stamp
- Stamp the following on a piece of Basic White cardstock; two snowmen, a bunny, and a top hat in Memento black ink, four arms in Crumb Cake ink, a bird in Balmy Blue ink, and a hat and scarf in Highland Heather ink. Color the noses, the bunnies ears, and the top hat with the following Stampin’ Blends; Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, and Shaded Spruce.
- Crop the images, a 3 ¾” x 4 ¾” piece of Basic White cardstock, three trees in Crumb Cake cardstock, and five evergreen trees in Shaded Spruce cardstock with the Snowman dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Adhere the arms, hats, and scarf to the snowmen using MLG.
- Tear a small strip off a 3 ¾” x 1 ½” piece of Basic White cardstock. Adhere it to the lower backside of the framed die cut using MLG.
Time to assemble
- Adhere the die cut to the front of the card using MLG. Once again, ensure that you only apply adhesive to the section that will be on the “Z” strip and left panel.
- Attach one tree and three evergreen trees to the front section of the card using MLG. (hint- two of the evergreen trees are adhered by applying MLG to the front of the tree and attached to the “Z” strip.)
- Adhere two more trees and two evergreen trees to the middle section of the card using the same technique as above; having the evergreen trees adhered to the back of the “Z” strip.
- Add the snowmen and bunny to the card by adhering with MLG.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Shaded Spruce ink.
- Carefully cut the sentiment in three using your Paper Snip. Attach it, and the bird to the card using MLG.
- Apply some random dots of Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the card and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Optional: Stamp another sentiment and some trees on a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock using Shaded Spruce ink. Attach to the back of the card using MLG.
A complete PDF tutorial for the Snowman Magic Z Fold card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Demos have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below. And, be sure to follow along with us on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Fun Fold Lineup
- Beth McCullough
- Sue Jackson
- Mary Deatherage
- Karen Finkle
- Debbie Mageed
- Melissa Seplowitz**You are here**
- Karen Ksenzakovic
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Snowman Magic Z Fold card for the new SU Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Snowman Magic Z Fold card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.