Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, our blog hop theme is Sale-A-Bration! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It’s an Adorable Owls Sale-A-Bration! These little guys are so cute, so I just couldn’t help but to use one of them for the Pals monthly hop.
I paired the owl with the Alphabet A La Mode dies from the new Jan-Apr 2023 mini catalog. They are extremely versatile and a must have in my opinion.
For the color combination, my inspiration came from another Sale-A-Bration item; the Dandy Designs designer series paper (DSP). It is also being shown right below the sentiment.
The owls can be earned FREE with a $50 purchase and the DSP with a $100 purchase.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Sandwich a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder and emboss.
- Lay your embossed piece on a protective surface and splatter it with Coastal Cabana and Fresh Freesia ink. Do this by removing the cap from your Stampin’ Write marker and keeping it in your non-dominant hand, about 1 1/2″ above where you want it. With the marker in your dominant hand, insert the tip of the marker (just a small bit) into the cap and flip it against the inside edge of the cap.
- Apply a small amount of Stampin SEAL down the bottom left corner of your piece and attach a 5 ½” piece of Fresh Freesia Open Weave ribbon as shown.
- Attach the piece to your card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to stamp the Adorable Owls Sale-A-Bration owl
- Stamp your owl on a piece of Basic White cardstock and your sentiment on a ½” x 2 ¼” piece of Fresh Freesia using Memento black ink.
- Color your owl with the following Stampin’ Blends; Balmy Blue, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Pumpkin Pie, and Soft Suede.
- Fussy cut the owl and snip the ends of the sentiment diagonally. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Adhere the sentiment to a ¼” x 2 ¾” piece of Dandy Designs designer series paper (DSP) (cut diagonally) and attach both to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply a Foam Adhesive Sheet to some Coastal Cabana cardstock, crop with the Alphabet Al A Mode dies, spelling the word “hoot” twice, and adhere to the card.
- Attach three Opaque Adhesive-Backed Gems as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for this card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 8th, when we will be creating projects for Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Adorable Owls Sale-A-Bration card for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Adorable Owls Sale-A-Bration card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.
18 thoughts on “Adorable Owls Sale-A-Bration for the Pals Blog Hop”
Such a great card with the owl stamp set, Melissa! Love the background you created and the alphabet letters are great. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!
Thank you so much Debbie!
Your card is absolutely adorable, Melissa! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Thank you Tricia! Always happy to share. 🙂
Melissa, Such a cute “HOOT HOOT” card! Great instructions!
Thank you so much Su!
Great fun to see how you put your own stamp on our Sale A Bration Hop Pal!
Sweet card…love the spitter of ink and your step by step…thanks!
Thank you Windy! You’re very welcome. 🙂
Way too cute, Melissa! Your color choices are great.
Thank you so much Debbie!
Melissa, I love what you did with your background. Such cute owls!
Thank you Mary! Splattering is so easy and gives it something a little “extra”.
What an adorable card! I was eyeing those owls but ultimately went with the Beautifully Happy floral set instead.
Thank you Joanne! There’s always the next order… 🙂
The owls are popular today and your card is absolutely adorable! 🙂
thank you Beth!