Today I have an embossed birthday Card with Inked & Tiled.
This is a special-embossed card. It is not embossed one way, but actually two! There is embossing paste mixed with ink and some dry embossing is done with an embossing folder.
I also had a lot of fun incorporating some color into this one. The ink color, Blueberry Bushel is used three different ways!!
Before I share how I made this card, here are the three ink colors that you will need to make it.
Now, on to the card!
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Place a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock on a scrap piece of paper and place a few drops of Blueberry Bushel ink on a clear Stampin’ Block. Drop some water from one of your Water Painters on to the ink, smear it around a bit, and flick the ink on to the Basic White cardstock. Do this by tapping about 1” up from where the brush begins. (see photo)
- Once the ink is dry, adhere the piece to your card base.
- Place another piece of Basic White cardstock, this time measuring 3” x 4 ¼”, on a piece of scrap paper or your Silicone Craft Sheet. Lay the Artistic Mix Decorative Mask on top and secure in place with removable tape.
- Scoop some Embossing Paste on to a Silicone Craft Sheet, add two to three drops of Blueberry Bushel ink, and mix with your Palette Knife.
- Smear the embossing paste over the decorative mask nice and smooth, ensuring evenness and full coverage.
- Slowly peel off the mask and let the paste dry.
- Sandwich a 3” x 4 ¼” piece of Pecan Pie into your Quatrefoil Tile embossing folder and run through your Cut & Emboss machine.
- Layer and adhere the Blueberry Bushel embossed piece over the Pecan Pie embossed piece diagonally. Attach both to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your flowers and leaves on a piece of Basic White cardstock using the following colors; Blueberry Bushel, Pecan Pie (stamped off), and Mossy Meadow (stamped off). (stamp off means to ink up your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper, then without re-inking your stamp, stamp your image where desired)
- Fussy Cut your images and adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Blueberry Bushel ink.
- Punch the sentiment and a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock with the Double Oval punch. Layer and adhere them together.
- Fold a 2” piece of Pecan Pie Bordered ribbon in two, adhere it to the back of the sentiment, and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems as shown.
Want an easy to read copy of instructions that you can print or download? A complete PDF tutorial can be found by clicking the button below.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Embossed Birthday Card with Inked & Tiled.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Embossed Birthday Card with Inked & Tiled, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.