Happy Friday! Today we have a Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, and Parakeet Party color challenge for #TGIFC432.
This was another interesting color challenge for me. At first, I wasn’t quite sure what what I was going to do with it. I flipped through my catalog of stamps and zeroed in on the Bird’s Eye View stamp set.
The little birds in the stamp set are so cute! Although they are probably not parakeets, I felt that they would look good all decked out in a typical green parakeet fashion.
The card is actually quite easy to make. It required a little bit of coloring with some Stampin’ Blends, along with some fussy cutting.
Here is how to make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Adhere a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Bright & Beautiful DSP to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Bubble Bath cardstock. Adhere both layers to the card base.
- Stamp two birds and the books on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Color the images with the following Stampin’ Blends; Blueberry Bushel, Copper Clay, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Ivory, Lemon Lolly, Parakeet Party, and Pecan Pie.
- Fussy cut the images and crop a piece of Bubble Bath cardstock with the largest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies.
- Attach three 5” pieces of Starry Sky ribbon to the middle of the card, diagonally, using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Adhere the circle to the card (over the ribbon) using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then, attach the images on top using more Stampin Dimensionals.
- Stamp the letters to spell HELLO on a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust them with white Embossing Powder, remove the excess, and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Punch the letters out with the Best Label Punch and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Tinsel Gems to the card as shown.
We would love to see what you can come up with for this color challenge. What can you create with Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, and Parakeet Party? Head on over to the TGIF Challenges Blog, and join us by adding your own creation to share.
Do you think that the little birds are just as adorable as I do? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, and Parakeet Party combo card.
If you would like to download a PDF tutorial for this card, you can do so here.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Blueberry Bushel, Bubble Bath, and Parakeet Party card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program and get your FREE gift.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.