For the SU Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop, I have a Tealight Candle Card. It is made with the stamp set Brightest Glow and is the 8th card in my 12 Weeks of Christmas series.
The Brightest Glow stamp bundle is just perfect for a tealight candle. The little holes from the dies allow the light to shine through and really show off the patterns well. The gorgeous designer series paper (DSP) that is on the front of the card is Lights Aglow. It has unfortunately sold out, but you can make it with any DSP that you choose. The stamp bundle, however, is still available and you can find it on page 33 of the Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog.
I wanted this fun fold to be a regular A2-sized card and there was no way to do that with a single sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock without cutting it. So, I adhered the back of one card to the front of the other to create a triple-fold. It made the card a little thicker, but since it is nice and sturdy, it stands up very well.
To make the card
- Begin with two 5 ½” x 8 ½” pieces of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, score and fold both at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Lay a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock on top of the front of one of the card bases, but do not adhere. (make sure the card is open) Place the 2nd largest Rectangle from the Deckled Rectangle dies on top and run through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, cutting both pieces together.
- Crop a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Lights Aglow designer series paper (DSP) with the Labels Aglow dies as shown below.
- Lay a 5 1/16” x 3 13/16” piece of Vellum on top of the DSP, but do not adhere. Center the large snowflake die from the Labels Aglow dies in the middle of the circle and tape in place with a removeable tape. Crop the Vellum with your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Apply a thin line of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG) around the edge of the Vellum and adhere to the backside of the DSP. Then, apply another thin line of MLG on the Vellum and attach the Very Vanilla “frame.” After that, apply one last thin layer of MLG to the Very Vanilla “frame” and attach to the front of the cut-out card base. Then, adhere the backside of your card base to the inside of the other card base to form a tri-fold card.
- Layer and adhere a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Lights Aglow DSP to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and attach to the folded over middle layer of the card. (the panel showing through the front of the card when it is closed.)
Time to stamp
- Stamp your inside sentiment on a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and your outside sentiment on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Adhere your inside sentiment to the inside of the card and place five Festive Pearls in a line, about 1” from the bottom, as shown below.
- Crop the outside sentiment with the Labels Aglow dies and attach to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a large triple-bow in Gold & Very Vanilla Satin Edge ribbon, tie a small bow around it in gold Simply Elegant Trim, and attach to the card using a couple of Glue Dots.
- Attach three gold Festive Pearls as shown.
- Insert the Tealight Candle to give it a nice warm glow.
You can find a complete PDF tutorial for the Brightest Glow Tealight Candle card by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Demos have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below. And, be sure to follow along with us on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Fun Fold Lineup
- Melissa Seplowitz >>> You are here
- Rae Burnet
- Karen Finkle
- Debbie Mageed
- Mary Deatherage
- Beth McCullough
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Sue Jackson
- Tara Beth
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Brightest Glow Tealight Candle card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Brightest Glow Tealight Candle card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.