Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “CASE the Catalog” so the Design Team chose a card from the new Annual Catalog and has CASEd it with their own creative twist. We really hope that you are inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I have chosen to CASE the Blessings of Home card on page 168 of the 2022-2023 annual catalog. I love all the dimension that the card has. The subtleness of the Flirty Flamingo peeking out in the bottom right corner is really what drew me in.
My only problem with making that card is that I didn’t have the new Split Card Textures dies that make that corner oh so pretty (yet). So instead, I improvised and used what I do have; the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks.
The masks, combined with some embossing paste and a drop of ink, get pretty close. I am very happy with the result and enjoyed the challenge of having to improvise.
Now, on to making the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock, score and fold at 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- With a ruler, mark the top edge of a 3″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock at the 2″ mark. Place it on your Paper Trimmer and cut from that 2″ mark diagonally to the lower left corner.
- Apply a tiny bit of Stampin’ SEAL to the larger piece that you just cut and place on the right side of your Silicone Craft Sheet. (hint- the Stampin’ SEAL will hold it in place but release easy from the silicone.)
- Cover the piece with one of the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks and secure in place with some removable tape.
- Scoop a small bit of Embossing Paste on to the left side of the Silicone Craft Sheet and mix in one drop of Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Mix well with your Palette Knife and spread evenly over the mask.
- Remove the mask, rinse well, and let the embossed piece dry.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your flower image on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Shaded Spruce ink and your sentiment on a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock using Stazon Jet Black ink.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, crop the following: your sentiment with the 2nd largest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies, the flower and six leaves in Mint Macaron cardstock from the Flowers of Hope dies.
- Adhere the flower to the sentiment, overlapping the right side, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG). (hint- lay your pieces on the front of the card, without adhering, to ensure that both pieces will fit when glued together.)
- Attach three leaves each to the top and bottom of the flowers as shown with MLG.
- Carefully remove your embossed piece from the Silicone Mat and adhere it to the front of the card using MLG. (hint- to clean your Silicone Craft Sheet, just peel the dried paste off.)
- Cut a 15 1/2″ piece of Natural Finish ribbon, trim the ends diagonally, and adhere to the front of the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Adhere the flowers and sentiment to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach five Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels as shown.
- FOR AN ADDED TOUCH: Add a piece of matching Subtles designer series paper (DSP) to the envelope flap. Glue a 2 1/2″ x 6″ piece to the outside of the envelope and trim off the excess with your Paper Snips.
A complete PDF tutorial for this Blessings of Home card CASE can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 13th. Our theme will be “Create Your Own Background” when our Design Team creates a background using any technique they wish, such as stencils, stamping, watercolor, embossing but not DSP.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
I would love to hear from you. What have you used to improve and make a CASE? Please let me know what that is and what you think of my CASE the Catalog Blessings of Home card for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the CASE the Catalog Blessings of Home card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Last Chance/Retiring Products
The January–June 2022 Mini Catalog will be retiring at the end of the month, and with that, a spectacular sale! You can stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good. And, you can save up to 50% on essential craft supplies.
Products on the last chance list are available through June 30, 2022 or while supplies last. Some have already sold out, so don’t delay if you have your eye on something.
A complete list of retiring items can be found by clicking the button below.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.