Today’s card, Christmas Scottie, is the first card in my 12 weeks of Christmas series. Each week, for 12 weeks, I will be posting a Christmas related card and this week sparks the first one.
This little guy is so cute and festive all surrounded by the traditional red and green colors. And, the sentiment, and it’s cute pun, has a way of bringing out that smile!
The stamp set, and it’s coordinating punch, can be found on page 34 of the Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog.
This stamp isn’t just for Christmas either! I have used this set before to make an adorable birthday card, and you can find that here.
Now, on to the fun, festive card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Real Red cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock to the card base using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Stamp a plaid background on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Real Red ink and your sentiment on a piece of Real Red cardstock using Memento black ink.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine and the Deckled Rectangle dies, crop the following; a piece of Basic Black cardstock with the largest die, a piece of Celebrate Everything designer series paper (DSP) with the 2nd largest die, your sentiment with the smallest die, a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock and the plaid background with the 5th largest die. (hint- for the plaid background, line three of the edges up with the die, crop your image, then line the fourth edge up with the die and run through your machine again [the example below is in Shaded Spruce].)
- Place a couple of strips of Stampin’ SEAL in the middle of the card as shown.
- Lay a 12” piece of Real Red ribbon on the Stampin’ SEAL, folded in thirds.
- Adhere the plaid background to the Shaded Spruce piece, diagonally, and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your Scottie dog, and the collar, on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Memento black and Real Red ink. (hint- the Stamparatus will be your best friend with the dog. It will allow you to stamp multiple times, ensuring that the black color is saturated.)
- Punch the dog with the Scottie Dog punch.
- Adhere the dog and sentiment to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach five Festive Pearls as shown.
- FOR AN ADDED TOUCH: Add a piece of matching Regals designer series paper to the envelope flap. Glue a 2 1/2″ x 6″ piece to the outside of the envelope and trim off the excess with your Paper Snips.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Christmas Scottie – Week 1 card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Christmas Scottie – Week 1 card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
October Kit to Go: Hello Harvest
Today is the last day to order my October Kit to Go. It is featuring the stamp bundle Hello Harvest and consists of six cards, which includes one slimline and one fun fold.
More information about it can be found by clicking the button below.
Retired Products Sale
I have added more retired products to my website and the sale is going on now! Items are heavily discounted and are in need of a new home.
The items are listed under the shop button at the top of my blog, but here is a shortcut to get you there quicker.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.