Today is a fun Christmas Season Shaker Card. Shakers are always a hit and this one is no exception.
I don’t know about you, but there is something about a shaker card that I can’t resist. I guess it’s the kid in me, but I am always compelled to shake them.
This one is very easy to make. It also makes great use of the Sequins for Everything embellishments. The sequins come in a package of four great colors: green, metallic, orange, and red. They can be found on page 143 in the 2021-2022 annual catalog.
I am also using part of the Painted Christmas Suite that is on page 17 in the Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog.
This is one of my favorite suites in the catalog. I even have a Kit to Go for this suite that you can find further down in this post.
To make the card
- Begin with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Garden Green cardstock, score and fold at 5 1/2″ to form your card base.
- Adhere a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Painted Christmas designer series paper (DSP) to a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Using the largest label from the Seasonal Labels dies, crop out the label from the Painted Christmas/Soft Sea Foam piece you just made using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Be sure to place the label about 1/2″ from the top and two sides of the piece, so that there is a larger section at the bottom.
- Apply Tear & Tape to the back, outside edges of the piece and attach a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Window Sheet.
- Place some Foam Adhesive Strips on top of the Window Sheet, all around the edges, making sure there are no gaps between the adjoining pieces.
- Add a small pile of the green-colored Sequins for Everything, along with a few red pieces, to the center of the window. Be sure that all the pieces are within the Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp some dots, in a random pattern, on a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Vellum cardstock using Garden Green ink.
- Once the ink is dry, remove the paper backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and lay the Vellum on top.
- Apply some more Tear & Tape on top of the vellum, around all the edges, and attach to the card base.
Time to stamp
- Stamp the following on a piece of Basic White cardstock; your sentiment and a set of berries in Real Red ink, the berry stems in Early Espresso ink, a pine needle image and the large leaf bunch in Garden Green ink, and a small leaf bunch (the rounded leaf one) in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine and the Seasonal Labels dies, crop out all the images you just stamped, as well as a large narrow label in Real Red cardstock.
- Adhere the large red label to the bottom portion of the card using Stampin’ SEAL. Adhere the sentiment on top (to the left) using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using Glue Dots, adhere the foliage to the lower right corner of the card. Start with the large Garden Green piece, add the Soft Sea Foam piece, then the Garden Green pine needles, and lastly the berries and stems.
- Attach three Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels as shown.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Christmas Season Shaker Card.
Painted Christmas Suite Kit to Go
The November 2021 Kit to Go: Painted Christmas Suite, is still available to purchase. It contains 6 cards, all the paper supplies needed, and a full color PDF tutorial with step-by-step instructions.
This kit is available through Sunday, November 7th. Click the button below to learn more about this great kit.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Christmas Season Shaker card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.