Today I have a Cottage Rose Twisted Easel card for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. Our theme this month is fun folds and this one is actually an easy one.
This twisted easel card is a 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ square and fits perfectly in a standard 6″ x 6″ envelope. It is made with the Cottage Rose stamp bundle and the Textured Chic Specialty designer series paper (DSP).
Both of these items are in the 2022-2023 annual catalog. Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Soft Succulent cardstock, score and fold at 5 1/2″ to form your square card base.
- Position the left side of your card (opened) on your Paper Trimmer diagonally and score from the corner to the score line.
- Burnish your fold with your Bone Folder.
- Cut the following with your Stampin’ Trimmer; two pieces of Basic White cardstock measuring 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, one piece of Basic White cardstock measuring 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″, two pieces (different designs) of Texture Chic Specialty designer series paper (DSP) measuring 5″ x 5″.
- Place one sheet of DSP, one of the 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, and the 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Basic White cardstock back on your Stampin’ Trimmer and cut them diagonally.
- Layer and adhere the uncut sheet of DSP and the uncut piece of Basic White cardstock and attach them to the inside of the card (right-hand side) using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Stamp your inside sentiment and flowers on one side of the two rectangles from the 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Basic White cardstock using Soft Suede ink.
- Color the flowers with your Flirty Flamingo light, Calypso Coral light, and Color Lifter Stampin’ Blends and adhere both to the inside of the card (left-hand side) using MLG.
- Layer and adhere the remaining rectangles together and attach to the front of the card using MLG.
Time to stamp the details
- Stamp your flower image and two leaves on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock using Whisper White craft ink.
- Once dry, color the flower and the leaves using the following Stampin’ Blends; Calypso Coral light, Crumb Cake dark, Flirty Flamingo light, and Soft Succulent light.
- Crop the images with the Cottage Flowers dies, a piece of Basic White cardstock with the largest circle and a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock with the largest scallop circle with the Layering Circles dies, using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Punch two large and four small leaves out of Brushed Metallics cardstock using the Bough punch.
- Adhere the two circles together and attach four of the leaves as shown below using MLG.
- Apply some MLG to the back of the circles, one half and diagonally, and attach to the front-center of the card. (hint- be sure to only put the glue on the half that will be attached to the lower-right triangle.)
- Attach the flower to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp your outside sentiment on a 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake cardstock using Soft Sued ink.
- Layer and adhere the sentiment to a 5/8″ x 2 5/8″ piece of Basic White cardstock, followed by a 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ piece of Soft Succulent cardstock using MLG.
- Adhere the two remaining leaves to the back of the sentiment with MLG and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach four Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels as shown.
- For a little shimmer, apply a small amount of Wink of Stella to the center of the flower.
Want an easy to read copy of instructions that you can print or download? A complete PDF tutorial can be found by clicking the button below.
Before you go
There are many other talented demos that want to show you their work. Be sure to click on their names below to see what they have to share with you. Also, be sure to hop along with us next month when we will be showcasing products from the new Mini Catalog. It won’t be just any card style either, we will be making the cards from a sketch challenge. How fun!!!
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Cottage Rose Twisted Easel for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Cottage Rose Twisted Easel card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
July 2022 Kit to Go: Cottage Rose
I have six more beautiful cards made with the Cottage Rose bundle. They are part of a kit to go that I am offering through June 30th.
There are three different options for this kit; one that includes the stamp bundle, one that does not, and a PDF only.
You can read more about this beautiful kit and how to order it here.
Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog Product Shares
Have you had a chance to see the new, upcoming catalog? There are so many great papers, ribbon, and embellishments in it that you’ll just want to have it all. And, now you can!
I am offering my ever-popular product shares and they will be available to order through June 30th.
Click the button below to learn more about them and how to get your share.
Last Chance/Retiring Products
There are only three more days left until the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog retires. Stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good and save up to 50% while doing so.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.