Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Home for the Holidays. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For our “home for the Holidays” theme, I have paired the Festive & Fun stamp set with the Forever Forest bundle. When I saw this little rhino, I pictured him heading somewhere for a holiday party, so he was perfect for this theme!
He is heading home for the Holidays through a snow-covered forest towing his gifts behind him.
To make the card
Making this card requires a lot of water coloring with your Water Painters. In fact, the following colors were all used to create this scene.
Balmy Blue creates the background “snow” effect. I used the large brush to streak the color across, then added some falling snow by stamping off three times before stamping.
The trees were created by inking up the stamp with Old Olive, then I added some Mossy Meadow ink with a Sponge Dauber. Some of the trees got a spritzing of water as well to create a more watercolor look.
The Mossy Meadow trees were muted a little by adding some White Craft ink with a Water Painter too. Once dry, they were adhered to the card along with the stamped trees.
I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the rhino and his friends, then attached him and the “snow drifts” using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Here is a close up of him.
To tie it all together in a nice wintry scene, I added nine Glitter Sequins embellishments as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for the Festive & Fun Meets Forever Forest for the Pals Blog Hop card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month, when our theme will be Winter Wonderland.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja << You are Here
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Festive & Fun Meets Forever Forest for the Pals Blog Hop card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Festive & Fun Meets Forever Forest for the Pals Blog Hop card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.