Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Home for the Holidays, so the design team created a project for the holiday of their choice. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
This year for our Holiday of choice hop, I decided to showcase a Hanukkah card. Since there are no Hanukkah stamp sets or sentiments in this years catalog, it was a little more difficult. In fact, this design was not my idea. My good friend, Lisa, mentioned to me that the Sentiment Silhouettes dies would make a nice looking menorah. I went to work on her idea, and this collaborative effort produced a beautiful Hanukkah card.
As mentioned, it is made with the Sentiment Silhouettes dies. The candles were easy to figure out, but the base not so much. After some trial and error, a couple of the outline dies fit together perfectly.
If you would like to make a Hanukkah card using these dies, you can find them in the 2022-2023 annual catalog. They are on page 161.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Layer and adhere a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Lights Aglow designer series paper (DSP) to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and adhere to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine crop the following with the Sentiment Silhouettes dies; 9 solid candles in Bermuda Bay cardstock, 9 detailed candles in Glimmer Specialty Paper, 9 flames in Crushed Curry Cardstock, a ½” x 4”, as well as two sentiment outlines, in Distressed Gold Specialty Paper.
- Use the Silicone Craft Sheet method to assemble the candles. Do this by laying the pieces upside down on your Silicone Craft Sheet, add some glue to the sheet (up in the corner and out of the way), dab a sponge into the glue, and lightly tap some glue on to the pieces. (Hint- this will ensure that your small pieces have glue on them, and you will not have to worry about globs of glue oozing out from your layers.) Once the glue is dry on your sheet, simply rub it off with your hand.
- Assemble and adhere the base of the menorah together with MLG.
- Adhere the candles to the backside of the menorah using MLG, excluding the middle candle. (hint- adhere the candles with their bottom edge lined up with the bottom of the menorah. This will ensure that the middle candle is taller than the rest.)
- Flip the menorah (and single candle) over and apply Adhesive Strips to the back.
- Adhere the menorah to the middle of the card, then attach the middle candle with the bottom resting against the top of the menorah.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust the sentiment with gold Embossing Powder, remove the excess, and set in place with your Heat Tool. (hint- since you do not want to use the complete sentiment, carefully just ink up the top portion to exclude the words This Christmas.)
- Crop the sentiment with the Labels Aglow dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine again. Start by placing the die towards the left side of the sentiment, run through your machine, then move the label toward the right side of the label and run through again. This will shorten the label, yet still give it a decorative edge on both sides.
- Adhere the label to the card using Adhesive Strips on the right side and a dab of MLG on the left. (hint- this will make it even with the height of the menorah.)
- Tie a small bow in some gold Simply Elegant Trim and adhere to the card using a Glue Dot as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for this card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 14th. Our theme will be Last Minute Gift/Card Ideas.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
I would love to hear from you. Please let me, and my friend Lisa, know what you think of my Hanukkah for the Holiday of Choice card for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make my Hanukkah for the Holiday of Choice card for the Pals Blog Hop, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
PAPER PUMPKIN 48-HOUR SALE!
Surprise! On 9–10 November, all current Paper Pumpkin subscribers can save up to 50% on Paper Pumpkin past kits, refills, and add-ons 9–10 November! Customers who sign up by 10 November will even receive the November From The North Pole Paper Pumpkin Kit.
Past kits, refills, and add-ons make perfect gifts for this upcoming holiday season. So get a head start on holiday shopping now! Past kits don’t include a clear block, but they can be purchased separately. So make sure you include one or two with your purchase to round out your gifts (supply item 148288).
Items are available while supplies lasts, so don’t miss out on this amazing sale!
Past Kit PDF’s Now Available
Did you know that you can now purchase PDF’s from any of my past kits? My website has been updated to include these under my shop button at the top. Simply click on the shop button and select “PDF Tutorials”.
You can use any major credit card and the tutorial will automatically download when your purchase is complete. Easy peasy!!
The new Fitting Florets Collection
This fun product collection if now available. It’s a nice mix that will make great Holiday cards, as well as, multiple other occasions.
Parts the collection will be in the upcoming Jan-Jun 2023 Mini Catalog, but some of it will not be. The Framed & Festive stamp set, DSP, and embellishments are only available until January 4, 2023 or while supplies last.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.