I have the cutest Happiest Hippos Diamond Z Fold card for you today for the Pals Fun Fold blog hop. These little guys are full of character, so I wanted a way to really show them off. By pairing them with the diamond z-fold, each one was able to get it’s own recognition.
It’s a really fun fold and I found it at Jan B Cards. Her version is a little larger than this one, so I had to adjust the measurements to make it fit in one of our medium envelopes.
The hippos are from the upcoming Jul-Aug 2022 Sale-A-Bration brochure. The stamp set is called Hippest Hippos and it has coordinating Hippo dies. Each are available to earn FREE with any qualifying purchase of $50.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Gray Granite cardstock, score at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- With your Stampin’ Trimmer, cut the following; a 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, a 4″ x 5 1/4″, two 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″, and two 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ pieces of Calypso Coral cardstock and a 2 3/8″ x 2 3/8″, a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″, two 1 3/4″ x 5 1/8″, and two 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ pieces of Happy Forest Friends designer series paper (DSP).
- Layer and adhere the DSP with the corresponding Calypso Coral pieces and attach the three larger pieces to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Apply some MLG to one half of the Calypso Coral squares, diagonally, and adhere directly over the 2 1/8″ fold as shown below. (hint- be sure to apply the glue to the side that will be on the left as you are looking at it from the front.) Repeat with the second square.
- Cut a 2 1/2″ x 3″ piece of Gray Granite cardstock, score at 3/4″, 1 1/2″, and 2 1/4″ and burnish the folds with your Bone Folder.
- Fold the Gray Granite piece so that the two sides meet in the middle.
- Apply some MLG to the folded over pieces and attach to the card on the 4 1/4″ fold line, centered.
- Place a small amount of MLG on the corner of the large Calypso Coral square. Adhere it to the far-left side of the Gray Granite piece.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your three hippos and your sentiment on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Memento black ink.
- Color the hippos with the following Stampin’ Blends; Calypso Coral, Gray Granite, Old Olive, and the Color Lifter. (hint- the color lifter is to make the face and stomach a little lighter.)
- Crop the hippos and four flowers in Calypso Coral cardstock with the Hippo dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Punch the sentiment and piece of Old Olive cardstock out with the Double Oval Punch.
- Adhere the hippos to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals and the two flowers using MLG.
- Layer and adhere the ovals together, adhere the two flowers with MLG, and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Fun Flower Resin Shapes as shown.
- Optional – Adhere a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock to the back and stamp your favorite sentiment.
A complete PDF tutorial for the Happiest Hippos Diamond Z Fold card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Pals have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Happiest Hippos Diamond Z Fold card for the Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Happiest Hippos Diamond Z Fold card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
July 2022 Kit to Go: Cottage Rose
My July 2022 Kit to Go: Cottage Rose is available to order. Time is limited, as it is only available through June 30th.
There are three different options for this kit; one that includes the stamp bundle, one that does not, and a PDF only.
You can read more about this beautiful kit and how to order it here.
Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog Product Shares
Have you had a chance to see the new, upcoming catalog? There are so many great papers, ribbon, and embellishments in it that you’ll just want to have it all. And, now you can!
I am offering my ever-popular product shares and they are available to order through June 30th.
Click the button below to learn more about them and how to get your share.
Last Chance/Retiring Products
There are only two more days left until the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog retires. Stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good and save up to 50% while doing so.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.