Today for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop, I have a Hello Harvest triple pop up cube card. It looks a little intimidating to make, but it’s actually quite easy.
The triple pop up cube card has been around for a couple of years now, but this one was my first attempt. I think the Hello Harvest suite is the perfect pairing for it.
Since this was my first one, I got a little help from the instructions provided by a post on Split Coast Stampers. I did, however, deviate from them a little bit.
To make the card
- Begin by cutting three pieces of Mossy Meadow cardstock with your Paper Trimmer; one 4” x 8 ½” and two 2” x 8 ½”.
- Score each piece of cardstock on the long edge at 2”, 4”, 6”, and 8” with your Simply Scored Scoring Tool.
- Burnish your folds with your Bone folder and cut the small-scored ends off diagonally with your Paper Snips.
- Apply some Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG) to the small fold on all three pieces, fold, and adhere them together to form 3 separate boxes.
- Flatten out your taller box, apply some MLG to one side of a smaller box, and adhere it to the lower-right corner. (I have applied MLG to the taller box as well to visually show you where the small box goes.) Repeat by adhering the other small box to the bottom-left corner.
- Using your Paper Trimmer again, cut the following; six 1 ¾” squares in Sahara Sand cardstock, six 1 ½” squares in Rustic Harvest designer series paper (DSP), and six more 1 ¾” squares in a different pattern of the Rustic Harvest DSP.
- Layer and adhere the Sahara Sand squares with the smaller DSP squares and attach them to the cube card as shown.
- Adhere the larger DSP squares to the inside of the cubes using MLG. (hint- using MLG will give you a little leeway and let you move the DSP around if you don’t get it straight the first time.)
Time to stamp
- Stamp a pumpkin, the flower spray, and three small flowers on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Memento black ink.
- Color the images with the following Stampin’ Blends; Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow, and Soft Suede.
- Crop the images using the Rustic Pumpkins dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Sahara Sand using Cajun Craze ink. Color the shadow of the banner with your Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blend. Then, on a piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp two leaves in Crushed Curry, one leaf in Merry Merlot, and one leaf in Mossy Meadow ink.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine again, crop your sentiment and leaves with the Rustic Pumpkin dies.
- Cut two pieces of Sahara Sand cardstock measuring 1 ¾” x 3 ¾” each for the back of the cube. Stamp your inside sentiment on one of them using Cajun Craze ink and adhere one of the small flowers on the other using MLG. Then, using more MLG, adhere the other small flowers on the sentiment and the flower spray on to the pumpkin.
- Adhere the Sahara Sand pieces to the back of the cube card using MLG. (hint- this is where you can write your message to the recipient.)
Time to add the images
- Cut four ½” x 1 ¾” pieces of Mossy Meadow cardstock and fold each in half to form tabs.
- Adhere two of the tabs to the top-front of your cube card by applying glue to one side of the folded tab. (hint- make sure the folded edge of the tabs is up against one another and at the score line on the card.)
- Apply some more MLG to the outside of the tabs and place your pumpkin on top, centered, with the bottom edge at the edge of the DSP. (hint- you don’t want to place your pumpkin too high because the card will not be able to fit in the envelope.)
- Adhere two leaves to the backside of each side of the pumpkin using MLG. (Ensure that they do not stick out over the edges too much.)
- Repeat the same steps above with the tabs for the lower section of the card. Place the tabs in the middle of the lower boxes, with their edges up against the fold. Apply some MLG to the outside, and carefully attach the sentiment as shown.
Surprisingly, this cute fun fold can still fit in a regular A2 envelope too!
A complete PDF tutorial for the Hello Harvest Triple Pop Up Cube card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Demos have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below. And, be sure to follow along with us on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Hello Harvest Triple Pop Up Cube card for the new SU Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop.
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Mary Deatherage
- Karen Finkle
- Beth McCullough
- Jackie Beers
- Melissa Seplowitz **You are Here**
- Sue Jackson
- Rae Burnet
- Debbie Mageed
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Hello Harvest Triple Pop Up Cube card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
New Kit to Go Available Soon
Are you loving the Hello Harvest bundle as much as I am? Well, Thursday, September 29th, you will be able to order the kit to go featuring this wonderful bundle.
Be sure to visit my blog in two days. You won’t want to miss this one!
Weekly Deals in September
The weekly deals end tomorrow!
Every week in the month of September Stampin’ Up! has been offering a selection of discounted products. The discounted products have varied from week to week, and this week’s contain a lot of embellishments.
Here are the deals that are good through tomorrow
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.