Today’s card, Ho Ho Ho with Santa Express if a fun, easy card. The Santa Express designer series paper (DSP) does all the work for you. It makes it the perfect choice for the 5th Christmas card in my 12 weeks of Christmas series.
Admittingly, this particular DSP is not my favorite. When I got it, my first thought was that the color combination was ugly. They just weren’t colors that I would put together.
However, they have grown on me a bit since playing with them. Once I cut the sheets up, I realized that the patterns weren’t as over-powering and actually coordinate very well together.
The solid oval around Santa is courtesy of the new Framed Florets dies. It helps the busy patterns seem a little more subdued as well by adding a “pop” of color.
Overall, I am glad that I decided to step outside of my comfort box and tackle this DSP. I think the card turned out really cute and it couldn’t have been easier.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½”x 8 ½” piece of Mint Macaron cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Poppy Parade cardstock using Multipurpose liquid Glue (MLG).
- Wrap a piece of White Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon around a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Santa Express designer series paper (DSP) three times, tie a bow on the right side, and adhere to the card using MLG. (hint- if your bow is a little loose, you can slip a Glue Dot under it to keep it in place.)
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, crop a piece of DSP and a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock with the small oval from the Framed Florets dies.
- Layer the two ovals together, tape them together on the back using Scotch tape, and attach to the center of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to stamp
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Poppy Parade ink.
- Punch your sentiment and a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock with the Double Oval punch.
- Layer and adhere the two ovals together and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color three Pearl Basic Jewels with your Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blend and let dry.
- Attach the three colored pearls as shown.
Well, what do you think? Are you a fan of this DSP, and if not, has this card convinced you to give it a second look? I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Ho Ho Ho With Santa Express card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Last Day for the November Kit to Go: Leaves of Holly
My November Kit to Go is still available for purchase through the end of today. It is featuring the stamp bundle Leaves of Holly and consists of four cards, a 3D project, and four 3 x 3 notecards.
Click the button below to learn more about this kit.
Past Kit PDF’s Now Available
Did you know that you can now purchase PDF’s from any of my past kits? My website has been updated to include these under my shop button at the top. Simply click on the shop button and select “PDF Tutorials”.
You can use any major credit card and the tutorial will automatically download when your purchase is complete. Easy peasy!!
The new Fitting Florets Collection sales period started Tuesday
This fun product collection if now available. It’s a nice mix that will make great Holiday cards, as well as, multiple other occasions.
Parts the collection will be in the upcoming Jan-Jun 2023 Mini Catalog, but some of it will not be. The Framed & Festive stamp set, DSP, and embellishments are only available until January 4, 2023 or while supplies last.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.