Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, our blog hop theme is Party Time! We hope you will be inspired by all the beautiful creations the Pals made for you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
What do you get with a chubby kitty sitting in a cupcake? That’s right, party time!! The Best Day stamp set is the perfect stamp set for this theme. Not only does it have this fun cupcake cat, it also comes with a celebratory birthday cake.
I’m excited to use the birthday cake too, but being the cat person that I am, I had to play with it first.
Creating the card
To create this card, you will need the following papers;
- Basic Gray 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, folded at 4 1/4″ and 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Like an Animal Specialty DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Brights DSP 2″ x 4 3/4″
- Crushed Curry 1 1/8″ x 4″
Start by adhering your Brights DSP to the Like an Animal DPS. When that’s done, emboss your Crushed Curry piece with the Stripes and Splatters embossing folder first. Then, adhere it to the Basic Gray piece, attach both to the DSP, and then stick the entire thing to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Once that is done, heat emboss your sparklers and sentiment with Silver embossing powder and punch them out with your Circle Punches. I used the new, returning 1 3/4″ and the 2″ circle.
Next, stamp your cat in the cupcake and color it with your Watercolor Pencils. For this card, I used the following colors;
When you’re finished coloring, cut the image out with your Paper Snips and attach it, and your circles, using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To finish the card, attach some Glossy Dots and add a little shimmer with some Wink of Stella as shown.
The Wink of Stella is a little hard to see in the photo, so here is a close up of those shimmering circles on the cupcake liner.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 12th, when our theme will be Flowers in the Garden, showcasing cards/projects with flowers.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja <<you are here
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of my Party Time with Best Day card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Party Time with Best Day card, you can click here or any of the photos above. March is a bonus month, so when you place a qualifying order, you get FREE embellishments from me. You can read about this promotion here.
When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program and get your FREE gift.
Online Exclusives Now Available
Stampin’ Up! added some online exclusives to their website on March 1st, so be sure to check those out. There is a lot to choose from, including two returning favorites; the 1 3/4″ and 2″ Circle Punches.
These online exclusives are not in the catalog and may have limited supply. They also have no end date set for them as of yet, but may not be available once supply is depleted.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.
22 thoughts on “It’s Party Time with Best Day for the Pals Blog Hop”
Such a cute card, Melissa! This hefty kitty sure looks like mine! LOL Love the fun papers you used. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!
Thank you Debbie! You’ve got to love a chubby kitty.💗💗
What a fun card, Melissa! I love that little chonker of a cat! It totally makes me smile.
Thank you Tricia! Chonker…lol, Love it!
This is such a fun and festive card, Melissa. Your mix of colors and patterns is wonderful.
Thank you Rosanne! 🙂
What a fun card! Great colors & sketch!
Thank you so much Marilyn!
So fun and colorful, Melissa. Love it!
Thank you Debbie!
So cute Melissa. The background specialty paper is PURR-fect!
lol..thank you Rae! It is indeed purr-fect! 🙂
Love how you used the animal print paper and your pencil coloring! Adorable card!
Thank you so much Windy!
Melissa, your fat cat is very cute! Love how you used pencils for coloring!
Thank you Su!
Terrific textures, layers and details from our favorite Ninja! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop!
Thank you so much my friend!
So cute! Great minds think alike, but I love your addition of the sparklers! That really emphasizes the Party!
Thank you Jackie! Yes, great minds do think alike. 😉
That is adorable!
Thank you Joanne!