I have a beautiful fun fold for you today! The Nature’s Prints Triple Fold Building Block is an adapted version of a card from JanB cards.
The images and paper are from the new suite, Sun Prints. It is on pages 90-91 of the upcoming 2022-2023 annual catalog.
This gorgeous card came about the other day when I went to a friend’s house to make cards. When I mentioned that I need to make a fun fold, for this upcoming hop, she said, “I love this one.” She was referring to a triple fold building block card that JanB Cards had made.
I immediately thought the same thing. I loved it too, and so the challenge was on, I had to make it!
That thought was easy, until I started the process. Her card measures 3 1/2″ x 6″ and I didn’t want a 6″ card because I knew it would not fit in one of our A2-sized envelopes. So, I put my thinking cap on and decided to adjust the measurements so that it would.
This card took me a little longer to make than usual, but I think the end result is great! It will fit in one of our regular A2 envelopes, but if there is too much room for your liking, there is an envelope template to use with it at the end of the downloadable PDF.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ piece of Starry Sky cardstock. Score and fold at 3 1/2″ and 7″ to form your card base.
- With a ruler and a pencil, make small marks along the fold on the right side of the card base at 1/8″, 1 1/2″, 2 7/8″, and 4 1/4″.
- Cut three pieces of Sun Prints designer series paper (DSP): one 3 1/4 x 5 1/4″, and two 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″.
- Adhere the three pieces of DSP to the card base as shown below using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Cut four strips of Starry Sky cardstock measuring 1 1/8″ x 6″ and eight small pieces of Shimmery White cardstock measuring 1″ x 1 3/8″.
- Score and fold each of the four Starry Sky strips at 1 1/2″, 3″, and 4 1/2″.
Prepare to stamp and watercolor using your Water Painters
- On a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, stamp one large botanical, a botanical bunch, and one fern in Starry Sky ink, two flowers and a botanical bunch in Mango Melody ink, and a fern in Gray Granite ink. Watercolor your images by going over the image with your Water Painter brush. There is no need to add more ink. The Water Painter, with just water, is enough to spread the ink. (hint- stamp and watercolor your images in batches. Start by stamping all the Mango Melody ones, watercolor them, then stamp in the next color, watercolor them, etc…)
- Lay the eight Shimmery White pieces on a piece of scrap paper. Stamp and watercolor the same images, with the same color of inks, as the images from step 8.
- Adhere the small Shimmery White pieces to the four Starry Sky strips as shown below.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, crop the following using the Natural Prints dies: the seven stamped images, three labels, three large, and two small background plants in Starry Sky cardstock, and two large and one small background plant in Mango Melody cardstock.
- Stamp you sentiment on one of the Starry Sky labels using Versamark ink. Dust it with White Embossing Powder, shake off the excess, and set with your Heat Tool.
- Adhere the other two labels to the card using MLG.
- Carefully apply a small amount of MLG to some of the die cuts. Adhere them to the front of the card as shown below.
- Attach the large botanical die cut to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer and adhere the small Mango Melody background plant to the Starry Sky botanical bunch die cut using MLG.
- Adhere the piece to the label on the left using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then adhere a large Mango Melody background plant to the label on the right using MLG. Finally, adhere the fern die cut on top of it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to make it a fun fold
- Place some MLG to the right side of one of the Starry Sky strips, flip it over, and adhere it at the top pencil mark on the card. (hint- the top of the strip should be at the pencil line and the edge of the strip should be at the fold line.)
- Repeat the process for the other three strips, having each strip’s top edge line up with the pencil mark.
- Fold your strips over so that the edges line up along the seam and there is only one image showing on the top.
- Apply some MLG to the four strips. Hold them in place and fold the left side of the card down. (hint- you may need to set something heavy on it or hold if for a few minutes to let the glue dry.)
- Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Lay a 3 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Shimmery White cardstock on a piece of scrap paper. Stamp your sentiment (from the Shaded Summer stamp set) and a botanical print using Starry Sky ink.
- Watercolor the botanical using your Water Painter and adhere to the back of the card using MLG.
- Attach seven Rhinestone Basic Jewels as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for the Nature’s Prints Triple Fold Building Block card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Pals have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Nature’s Prints Triple Fold Building Block card for the Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Nature’s Prints Triple Fold Building Block card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
May Kit to Go: He’s the Man
Do you need some masculine cards, but can’t come up with any ideas for them? I have just the answer for you!
My May Kit to Go: He’s the Man is now available to purchase. There are six cards featuring the new He’s the Man suite.
This kit is available through May 2, 2022. Details on how to purchase the kit can be found by clicking the button below.
2022-2023 Annual Catalog Product Shares
Are you loving everything in the new catalog and does it make you want it all? Well, thankfully you can get it all. I offer product shares that allow you to get a little bit of everything. With several options available, you are bound to find a share that fits your needs.
To find out more about my product shares and how to purchase them, click the button below.
2022-2023 In Color Club
Want to celebrate the gorgeous new In Colors one month at a time with me? I am offering an In Color club for the new 2022-2023 In Colors. It’s a great way to build your collection and receive some extras from me.
You can find more information about the club and how it works by clicking the button below.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.