This week’s Christmas card is from the Perched in a Tree stamp set. It is the 7th card in my 12 Weeks of Christmas series.
Rather than keep the bird “as is”, I decided to change the shape of him just a little. When you search the internet for a winter bird, the Tufted Titmouse shows up numerous times.
So, I gave this guy a few head feathers and extended his wings to make him look like the titmouse. Here is the original stamp next to the bird I created. Do you see a difference?
It’s not a big change, but it’s enough to make the image appear more like the bird I was trying to portray. In fact, you could probably alter him to resemble other birds because it’s fairly easy. Are you ready to learn how?
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White cardstock to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Stamp your bird and tree branch on a piece of Watercolor Paper using Stazon black ink.
- Color the bird and branch using the following colors of Watercolor Pencils; Basic Black, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, and Pumpkin Pie. (hint- to change the shape of your bird, use your Basic Black pencil to freehand beyond the stamp line as shown below.)
- Once your images are colored, brush over them with your Water Painter to soften the colors.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, crop the bird and branch with the Aspen Trees dies and crop a piece of Evening Evergreen with the spray die from the Christmas Pinecone dies.
- Sandwich a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Vellum in the Wintry 3D embossing folder and run through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Since the folder is small, you will have to run it through twice to cover the size of your Vellum.
- Adhere the Evening Evergreen spread to the vellum using the Silicone Craft Sheet method. Do this by laying the pieces upside down on your Silicone Craft Sheet, add some glue to the sheet (up in the corner and out of the way), dab a sponge into the glue, and lightly tap some glue on to the pieces. (Hint- this will ensure that your small pieces have glue on them, and you will not have to worry about globs of glue oozing out from your layers.) Once the glue is dry on your sheet, simply rub it off with your hand.
- Attach the vellum to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals and then attach the bird and branch on top using more Stampin’ Dimensionals. (hint- apply the Dimensionals to areas that are behind the green so that they do not show through from the front.)
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust the sentiment with Silver Embossing Powder, remove the excess, and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Punch the sentiment out with the Label Me Fancy punch and place a small strip of Stampin’ SEAL on the back. Then, adhere a 12” piece of Simply Elegant Trim to it in a random swirl pattern.
- Adhere the sentiment and trim to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach five Festive Pearls as shown.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Perched in a Tree Tufted Titmouse card. Will you be changing the shape of the bird?
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Perched in a Tree Tufted Titmouse card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
The Seasonal Sale is still going on. Shop now, through the end of tomorrow to save up to 20% on select items from the annual catalog.
- 10% off all punches
- 15% of all stamps (Host stamp sets are not included in this sale)
- 20% off all dies
- 20% off all embossing folders
- 20% off all non-specialty and non-assortment Designer Series Paper
With the season of giving upon us, this is a great opportunity to buy gifts for your fellow crafting enthusiasts, or to stock up on supplies for all your upcoming handmade projects. Remember, this sale is for four days only! Don’t miss out!
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.