Today’s project, the Playful Pets Dollar Store Notebook, is one of a makeover. I took a boring Dollar Store notebook and jazzed it up with some adorable designer series paper (DSP).
I needed a notebook for my cat Jackson, who was diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago. Not just any notebook though, I had to have something cheery! When you have to keep important details, such as eating habits and medication, why not do it in style?
This little notebook is relatively simple, yet brings a smile to everyone’s face at the vet’s office. It has also been a real life-savor when discussing his care with them.
To make the notebook
To make this project, you will need to purchase a 6″ x 4″ notebook. I found mine at the Dollar Store in a package of 2 for $1.00.
- Begin by adhering the top page of your notebook to a 6″ x 9″ (I used 6″ x 12″) piece of Pampered Pets designer series paper (DSP) using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. (hint- it’s easiest to open the notebook and align the left edge of it to the left edge of the DSP)
- Close the notebook, apply some adhesive to the back of the notebook, and roll the notebook from the left to the right. This will ensure that the paper fits nicely around the bend in the notebook.
- Trim the excess paper around the notebook with your Paper Snips.
- Cut a 21″ piece of Playful Pets trim and adhere to the middle of the notebook with Glue Dots, ensuring that you have equal lengths on the front and the back. (hint- if you roll the Glue Dots a little before adhering, they will be thin enough to hide under the ribbon nicely)
- Adhere a piece of a Foam Adhesive Sheet to a scrap piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Crop out the spelling of your pet’s name with the Playful Alphabet dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss and adhere to the notebook diagonally.
- Stamp your cat images and the hearts on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Color your hearts with Real Red Stampin Blends, and the cat images with the following Stampin’ Blends: Basic Black dark, Crumb Cake light, Color Lifter, Ivory, Petal Pink light, Smoky Slate light, and Soft Suede light.
- Crop the cats with the Pets dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Adhere to the card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fussy cut the hearts out and adhere to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
Jackson is doing well, and in fact, helped supervise this project.
2021-2022 Annual Catalog Product Shares Still Available
There is still time to reserve your product share. Get a sampling of the new items in the upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog for a fraction of the price.
The deadline to request and pay for your share is May 3rd. Details can be found by clicking the button below.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Pampered Pets Dollar Store Notebook, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.