It’s time for another Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop! Today, I have a double gate fold card, secured with a beautiful belly band highlighting the new Potted Geraniums bundle.
I really like geraniums and am fortunate enough to grow them year round in Arizona. They are very hearty and bring a nice pop of color to my patio.
Occasionally the sun and heat will get the best of them, but that just gives me a chance to change up the colors. I don’t usually get the traditional red ones, but stick to the corals and pinks.
For this card, the new In Color Sweet Sorbet, makes the perfect hue!
I am also playing along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week; using the middle row down; flowers, free, and embellishments.
Now, on to the card.
To make this fun fold
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Soft Succulent cardstock, score at 1 1/4″, 3 3/8″, 7 5/8″, and 9 3/4″ to form your card base.
- Stamp your sentiment on a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock using Evening Evergreen ink and adhere to the inside of the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Cut the following using your Stampin’ Trimmer: two pieces of Evening Evergreen cardstock measuring 1 7/8″ x 5 3/8″ and two measuring 1 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, two pieces of Lovely Linen designer series paper (DSP) measuring 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, and two, in a different pattern, measuring 1″ x 5 1/4″.
- Layer and adhere the DSP with the Evening Evergreen pieces and attach to the card as shown.
Time to stamp
- On a piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the following: the geranium leaves background in Old Olive (stamped off), the geranium leaves detail in Mossy Meadow, the flowers background in Sweet Sorbet (stamped off), the flowers detail in Sweet Sorbet, the dirt in Crumb Cake, the pot background in Cajun Craze (stamped off), the pot detail in Cajun Craze, and the sign and sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink. (stamp off means to ink up your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper, then without re-inking your stamp, stamp your image where desired)
- Crop your stamped images with the Geranium dies, a piece of Basic White cardstock with the largest circle die, and a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock with the 2nd largest die from the Layering Circles dies, using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Layer and adhere the two circles together and adhere your geranium together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Cut a 1 1/8″ x 11″ piece of Sweet Sorbet cardstock, score at 3 3/8″ and 7 11/16″ to form your belly band.
- Wrap your belly band around the card and secure together using MLG.
- Apply some MLG to the top of the belly band (as shown below) and attach your layered circles.
- Adhere the geranium to the middle of the circles using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for the Potted Geraniums Double Gate Fold card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Pals have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Potted Geraniums Double Gate Fold card for the Pals Fun Fold Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Potted Geraniums Double Gate Fold card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.