I am super excited to share the Quite Curvy Hooray for You card today! I love this new set and what better way to show it off than with a congratulatory card.
This isn’t just any congratulatory card. My niece and nephew got their first dog and her name is Lulu. She is the cutest looking little girl and I have tried to replicate her coloring with this card.
I think the Quite Curvy bundle is the perfect choice for this card too! This set is quickly becoming one of my favorites. You can use it with everything and gives your cards a lot of movement. It just became available to order, and I have a feeling it will be a very popular set.
My upcoming Kit to Go in November will be featuring this great bundle, so you won’t want to miss that. Until then, here are the instructions for the cute card shown today.
To make the base of this card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Smoky Slate card stock, score and fold at 4 1/2″ to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4 1/8″ x 5 7/8″ piece of Whisper White card stock on to the card base and a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Smoky Slate card stock on top of it.
- Cut a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8 piece of Playful Pets designer series paper (DSP) and crop with the Curvy dies in two places with your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine as shown. (save the middle piece for step 5)
- Adhere the top and bottom pieces of the DSP to the card base and carefully stamp your sentiment above the lower piece using Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Sandwich a 3 7/8″ x 5 ” piece of Vellum paper in the Scripty 3D embossing folder and run through your Cut & Emboss machine.
- Crop the embossed vellum with the Curvy die to match the outline curve on the Playful Pets DSP. To do this, lay the middle piece of the Playful Pets DSP (from step 2) on top of the embossed vellum to determine where to lay the Curvy die, remember to add some extra space at the bottom where the sentiment is. (important – You will need to flip the die around so that the cutting edge will be on the outside with the dots on the inside. Your waves will not line up perfect, but it will be close.)
Time to focus on the details
- Color a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock (I used 4″ x 5″) with So Saffron Dark Stampin’ Blends. Color again with Cinnamon Cider Light Stampin’ Blends. Use the Color Lifter to lighten the Cinnamon Cider a little bit, then color one last time with the So Saffron Dark Stampin’ Blend again.
- Punch the dog out with the Dog Builder Punch and draw a nose and eye using the Basic Black Stampin’ Blend.
- Cut a 2″ piece of Playful Pets black and white trim, separate the black and white threads, and color the white threads with the Light Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend.
- Wrap the trim around the dogs’ neck, tie in the back, and attach a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the front.
- Place some Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the dog and adhere to the embossed vellum piece.
- Apply some Stampin’ SEAL to the back of the vellum where the dog is placed and adhere to the card. (hint – this will ensure that your adhesive does not show through the vellum)
- Color 3 Pearl Basic Jewels with the Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend. Once they are dry, adhere to the card as shown.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Quite Curvy Hooray for You card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.