Time to celebrate with a second sale-a-bration for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. We are showcasing all the FREE items that you can earn by spending as little as $50. There are ten items plus an additional host set, so there is sure be something for everyone.
Today, I am showcasing the item on page 4, the Penguin Playmates 12″ x 12″ designer series paper (DSP). While I love everything in this brochure, I just can’t get enough of the little critters on this paper!
There are many different critters that can be cut out of this DSP too. Their winter outfits all coordinate with the following colors:
The best part about this card is that it is super-easy to make. If you can use a pair of scissors, you can make this card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Just Jade cardstock, score and fold at 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of gold Brushed Metallic cardstock to the card base using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Cut a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Penguin Playmates designer series paper (DSP) and stamp the sentiment in the bottom right corner using Just Jade ink.
- Wrap a 6” piece of Just Jade & Gold Braided ribbon around the DSP, secure the ends with adhesive, and adhere to the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Punch out one of the penguins from the DSP using the Penguin Builder Punch.
- Stamp a hat a scarf on a piece of Basic White cardstock in Misty Moonlight ink using the stamp off method. (stamp off means to ink up your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper, then without re-inking your stamp, stamp your image where desired)
- Fussy cut the following: the hat and scarf, a polar bear, a fox, and three trees from a piece of Penguin Playmates DSP. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Adhere the hat and scarf to the penguin using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Attach the polar bear, penguin, and fox to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the three trees to the card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Slip a 3″ piece of Just Jade & Gold Braided ribbon under the ribbon, tie a knot, and trim the ends with your Paper Snips.
- Attach three gold Metallic Pearls as shown.
Want to print or download a copy of the tutorial? A complete PDF tutorial can be found by clicking the button below.
Before you go
Jessica Brigden from Jess B Creative Cardiology is up next. Hop on over to her site to see what great item she is showcasing. You will also want to mark your calendars for next month’s hop. We will be creating fancy folds and all the instructions needed to re-create them. You will not want to miss it!
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Second Sale-a-Bration Penguin Playmates card for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Second Sale-a-Bration Penguin Playmates card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
September 2021 Kit to Go: Pretty Pumpkins
Are you looking for some great card designs to make with the Pretty Pumpkins stamp set? Well, look no further. My September 2021 Kit to Go is featuring that stamp set and is still available to purchase.
The kit contains six cards (one is a slimline) with matching envelopes, all the paper supplies needed to make them, and a detailed PDF with instructions and pictures. More details for this popular kit can be found here.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.