Spring is in the air, and with that the Spring Has Sprung theme for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop. We are celebrating all things spring: warmer air, singing birds, and beautiful flowers.
Birds chirping and flowers blooming are what I think of when I hear the word spring. So, the Free as a Bird stamp set instantly came to mind.
I just love the little bird in this set and he really comes to life when you add a few Stampin’ Blends. The colors used to create this blue bird are as follows:
As far as the sentiment, it is that of comfort, but you can change it to anything to fit your occasion. It will not effect the layout of the card at all.
To make this card
- Begin with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Misty Moonlight card stock, score and fold at 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Ornate Garden designer series paper (DSP) to the card base using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, crop out the following: one leaf spray in Old Olive card stock using the Forever Flourishing dies, one rectangle in Flowers for Every Season DSP using the 4th largest die from the Rectangle Stitched dies, one Basic White square using the largest square, and one Basic White circle using the 2nd largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies.
- Stamp your sentiment on the white square, in the upper right corner, using Misty Moonlight ink, the bird on the circle using Tuxedo Memento black ink, and two large flowers and 3 small flowers on a piece of scrap Basic White card stock using Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Color the bird and the flowers using the following Stampin’ Blends: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Ivory, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, and Soft Suede.
- Layer and adhere the following: the white square on top of the blue rectangle, the green leaf spray on top of the square, and the circle on top of the green leaf spray using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Adhere the layered pieces to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fussy cut the flowers and attach to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Give the flowers a little shimmer by adding some Wink of Stella to the yellow centers.
- FOR AN ADDED TOUCH: Add a piece of matching 2020-2022 In Color designer series paper to the envelope flap. Glue a 2 1/2″ x 6″ piece to the outside of the envelope and trim off the excess with your Paper Snips. To take it one step further – crop the envelope flap with the Envelopes Dies.
If you would like to download or print a PDF version of the instructions, click below.
Before you go
Hop on over to see my friend, Mo Rootes and see what she has to share. I’m sure you will not be disappointed. Also be sure to follow along with us next month when we will be showcasing new products from the upcoming 2021-2022 annual catalog. That is one you will not want to miss!!
Last Chance/Retiring Products List
Have you had a chance to look at the retiring list? There are still a lot of great items available. One of the items used in this project, the Flowers for Every Season DSP, is on there and at a reduced price.
To see the full list of items, click here.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.
22 thoughts on “Spring Has Sprung for the Stampers Showcase Blog Hop”
Wow! You did a wonderful job on this card.
Thank you so much Marlene!
I absolutely LOVE this card! Beautiful!
Thank you Dana!!
I love birds sldo this is a b card
Thank you Charlotte!
everytime I see the stamping ninja listed in a blog hop, i
know i am in for something special. i have yet to see one
of your masterpieces that i didn’t love. thank you so much
for sharing your talents with us.
Debbie, you are so sweet. I am glad that you enjoy my creations and am always happy to share them.?
Thanks Wendy! 🙂
So pretty, love all the layers.
Thank you Susan!
Love the cARD!
Lovely card Melissa, love all the layering x
Thank you so much Mo!! 🙂
So pretty! This reminds me of the Robins that have just returned to NY after the long Winter.
Thank you! I used to love seeing the Robins too when I lived up north. 🙂
Beautiful colours, layers and lay out. Very tasteful and happy!
Thank you Annette!!
Fab card, love the colours and how you’ve added all the different layers
Thank you so much Stacey!!