Today I have a fabulous Two-Tone Flora Easel Calendar for the SU Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop. It includes a small post-it note pad and is quite easy to make.
I just love this little calendar! It’s not an original idea of mine, but rather a CASE of a calendar that I received from a friend last year. I thought that is was such a great gift, so when the new year came around, I had to make one.
Here is the original one. It’s so pretty with all the layers and colorful detail, but the products are now retired.
Thankfully, the new set, Two-Tone Flora provided an excellent alternative. This stamp set is so pretty. The flowers are gorgeous and can be made in any color. For these, I chose Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Rich Razzleberry.
Now, on to the fun part. Let’s make the calendar!
To make the calendar
- Begin with a 4 ¼” x 11” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock, score and fold at 2 ¾” and 5 ½” to form your calendar base.
- With your Paper Trimmer, cut the following; a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” and a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Old Olive cardstock, a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock, and two 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” pieces of Dainty Flowers designer series paper (DSP).
- Layer and adhere the Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, and DSP layers together as shown using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Adhere the smaller-layered piece to the inside of your card base and the larger-layered piece to the lower half of the outside of the card base. When you adhere the top piece to the outside, only apply MLG to the small, lower piece, and when placing it on top, make sure to leave about 1/8” of the Mossy Meadow base showing up at the top. (the bottom pic is a side view)
- Stamp your sentiment, to the right, on a 1 ¼” x 3 7/8” piece of Calypso Coral cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust the sentiment with Black Embossing Powder, remove the excess, and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Adhere your sentiment to the front of the calendar base, about 1 ½” from the top edge of the Old Olive piece, using MLG.
Time to Stamp
- Stamp a set of leaves on a piece of Dainty Flowers DSP using Mossy Meadow ink and the following on a piece of Basic White cardstock; a large flower background in Rich Razzleberry (stamped off), a large flower detail in Rich Razzleberry, a medium flower background in Blushing Bride (stamped off), a medium flower detail in Blushing Bride, a small bunch of flowers background in Calypso Coral, a small bunch of flowers detail in Cajun Craze ink, and two bees in Memento black ink.
- Color the bees using your Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, and Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends. Then, for a little shimmer, apply some Wink of Stella to their wings.
- Crop your stamped images with the Honeybee and Two-Tone Flora dies.
- Adhere the leaves and small bunch of flowers using MLG and the flowers and bees using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply some MLG to the back of a small 12-month calendar and adhere to the front, then apply some MLG to the back of a post it note pad and adhere to the inside, centered, about ¼” from the edge of the DSP.
- Attach three Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins as shown.
You can find a complete PDF tutorial for the Two-Tone Flora Easel Calendar by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
My fellow Demos have some great fun folds to share with you as well. Be sure to hop along with them by clicking their links below. And, be sure to follow along with us on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
- Beth McCullough
- Debbie Mageed
- Jackie Beers
- Karen Finkle
- Lisa Ann Bernard
- Melissa Seplowitz <<You are here
- Rae Burnet
- Sue Jackson
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Two-Tone Flora Easel Calendar.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Two-Tone Flora Easel Calendar, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
It’s a Great Time to Join
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin Up? If so, now is the time to act. There are three exclusive starter kits available and they are a GREAT deal!
Whether you are looking to join to make it a business, or you’re just wanting a great discount on future purchases, I can help you with that.
Join under me and you not only get my full support, you get the knowledge base and support of my upline, Mary Fish and her Pals community. We’re a fun, crafty bunch and would love to have you as part of our team.
Let me know what questions you have about it. I would love to help! You can reach me by using the contact button on the top of this page.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.