I have two versions of the Friendly Gnomes for you today. The cards have the same design, I just changed the color palette.
Sometimes we over-think things and feel like we have to come up with a different design for every card. So today, I wanted to show that you that you can change the look of a card, just by changing the colors.
Here, one card is in Calypso Coral and has a more masculine feel, whereas the other is in Fresh Freesia and has a more feminine feel.
The gnomes are from the new Friendly Gnomes stamp set.
I can honestly say that I’m not a big gnome fan. In fact, I didn’t even purchase the recently retired Kindest Gnomes. However, they are easy to color and cut and have kind of grown on me.
Since both cards have the same design, the instructions below are for the one in Calypso Coral.
To make the card
- Begin with a 4 ¼” x 11” piece of Calypso Coral cardstock, score and fold at 5 ½” to form your card base.
- Crop a piece of Dandy Designs designer series paper (DSP) with the largest die from the Deckled Rectangles dies.
- Adhere the rectangle to a 3 7/8” x 5 ¼” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and attach to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Stamp the following on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Memento black ink; a gnome, two flowers, a squirrel, and a bird.
- Color your images in the following colors; Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Medium Light Natural Tone, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, and Soft Suede.
- Crop a mushroom in Crumb Cake, two patches of grass in Pear Pizzazz cardstock, and your gnome with the Gnomes dies and fussy cut the rest of the images. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Ink up the left-side of your Stripes & Splatters embossing folder with Versamark, place the mushroom inside, and run through your embossing machine. (hint- this will make the texture stand out more)
Time to assemble
- Adhere the flowers, grass, and bird to the mushroom using MLG and attach it and the gnome and squirrel to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock using Memento black ink.
- Crop the sentiment with the smallest die from the Deckled Rectangles dies.
- Apply a strip of Stampin’ SEAL to the back of the sentiment, adhere a 4 ½” piece of Burlap ribbon, and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Enamel Dot Essentials as shown.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Two Versions of the Friendly Gnomes cards.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Two Versions of the Friendly Gnomes cards, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Are You Sale-A-Brating?
Have you earned your FREE product yet? There are some really nice items that you can get FREE with any qualifying $50 purchase. In addition, a $100 purchase offers you a couple more.
If you haven’t seen what you can get, here is a PDF version of the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Happy Shopping!!
It’s a Great Time to Join
Have you ever thought about joining Stampin Up? If so, now is the time to act. There are three exclusive starter kits available and they are a GREAT deal!
Whether you are looking to join to make it a business, or you’re just wanting a great discount on future purchases, I can help you with that.
Join under me and you not only get my full support, you get the knowledge base and support of my upline, Mary Fish and her Pals community. We’re a fun, crafty bunch and would love to have you as part of our team.
Let me know what questions you have about it. I would love to help! You can reach me by using the contact button on the top of this page.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.