Today I am using vellum with the Inked & Tiled bundle from Stampin’ Up! There are two cards and each one utilizes it differently.
If you haven’t seen this bundle, it can be found on page 95 of the 2023-2024 annual catalog. It is part of the Inked Botanicals suite, but making it without the coordinating DSP, gives it a completely different look.
These cards were made for my Artisan Design Team monthly project and shared by Stampin’ Up! on Friday.
I have used one of the Basics 3D embossing folders for both cards. This particular folder is my favorite and I just love it!!
The first card is made in Balmy Blue and Night of Navy. The background has some of the punch pieces, and the design is from the Les Shoppes DSP.
The flowers are heat embossed using white embossing powder. One is embossed on a piece of Night of Navy and the other is on a piece of Vellum. Both flowers are then separated by a piece of Sweet Sorbet and Vellum that is cut with a Nested Essentials die.
To tie the navy blue back in, I heat embossed the sentiment in white and added a piece of Night of Navy ribbon.
Some Night of Navy Ombre Matte Decorative Dots help balance it out.
The second card really highlights the Vellum. You can see it more easily than on the first card.
The Vellum is embossed with the same embossing folder and sits on top of a Night of Navy card base. Since Vellum is much thinner than cardstock, it tends to not sit flat. The pictures make it look a little wonky, but in person, it doesn’t look so disheveled.
I chose to make a Night of Navy border with the X punch for this one. It makes a nice contrast with the Vellum and coordinates with the base of the card. It too, is embossed!
The flowers were stamped in the following inks; Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce, and Sweet Sorbet. Since there are no coordinating dies for this set, the flowers were fussy cut.
The sentiment is on a 1/2″ piece of Basic White cardstock, layered with a piece of Shaded Spruce. A piece of gold Simply Elegant Trim sits below it all and peeks out in a few select areas.
To give it a little bling, I added some Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems.
I find it amazing, that by changing the colors from what’s in the catalog, you get a completely different look. What do you think? I would love to know what you think about using Vellum with the Inked & Tiled Bundle, so please leave a comment.
Since this was an Artisan Design Team assignment, there are other Artisans in my group that would love to share their projects with you as well. Be sure to check out their creations.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Using Vellum with the Inked & Tiled Bundle cards, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program and get your FREE gift.
Bonus Days are Ending!!
There are just six more days to earn your coupons!
When you shop between July 6th–31st and spend $50 USD you will earn a $5 USD coupon, and there is no limit on how many coupons you can earn. Spend $100, get two coupons, spend $150, get three coupons, etc…
All coupon codes will be emailed right after a qualifying purchase has been made and you can redeem them between August 1st – 31st.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can redeem on an order during the redemption period. If using multiple codes, they must be separated by a space.
- Coupons may be redeemed one time only.
- Coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin month-to-month subscriptions).
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted using Bonus Days coupon codes.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.