The Whale Done Shaker Card is an easy to make birthday card. It goes together quickly and even has a gift card holder inside.
It is the perfect gift-giving card! Unfortunately, at the time of this post, the designer series paper is no longer available. It has sold out, but the other items are still available.
You can always substitute the background paper. But, just in case you are lucky enough to have it, here are the directions.
To make the Whale Done shaker card
- Begin with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Shaded Spruce card stock, score and fold at 2 1/2″ and 5 1/2″ to form your card base.
- On the side with the 2 1/2″ fold line, punch the end with the 2″ Circle punch, being sure not to punch out too much. Make just enough room so that you can pull your gift card out easily.
- Apply Tear & Tape to the sides of that same 2 1/2″ side as shown below. Remove the paper backing, and adhere together.
- Adhere a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic Black card stock to the front of the card using Stampin’ SEAL. (the front of the card will only be about 3″ rather than the normal 5 1/2″ because of the gift card holder, so only apply adhesive to 1/2 of the Basic Black piece).
- Cut a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Whale of a Time designer series paper (DSP). Place inside of a clear 4 3/8″ x 5 3/4″ envelope.
- Make sure the paper fits neatly in one corner of the envelope. Add a small amount of Flowers for Every Season Gems.
- Close the flap of the envelope on one side, being sure to snug it up to the edge of the DSP. Then fold down the other side (snugging it up to the DSP) and tape in place using Scotch Tape.
- Adhere the clear envelope to the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Cut a 6″ piece of Black Glittered Organdy ribbon. Fold and attach to the upper right side of the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- On a piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink and the whale in Tuxedo Memento black ink.
- Crop the sentiment out with the 4th largest circle and a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock with the 3rd largest circle from the Layering Circles dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Layer and adhere the two circles together and attach to the card (over the ribbon) using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch out the whale with the Whale Builder punch and attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment and some schools of fish on a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White card stock using Shaded Spruce ink. Attach to the inside of the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
- Insert your gift card.
So what do you think? Pretty easy in terms of a shaker card.
It’s a great time to join
Have you ever though about joining Stampin’ Up!? Well, it’s a fabulous time to do so. You get even MORE FREE products in your customizable Starter Kit. From May 4–31, you can get $155 worth of products for only $99 (up from the normal $125). Plus you get free business supplies, free shipping, and all the fun of being a part of Stampin’ Up! The best part is, I will be there for you every step of the way. I will bring not only my knowledge, but the entire knowledge base of my upline, Mary Fish. It’s a great deal and you can’t go wrong with the support that we provide.
Here are the details
- A new demonstrator can select any eligible Stampin’ Up! products up to the stated value.
- The Starter Kit also includes business resources like catalogs, brochures, order forms, and postcards.
- The Starter Kit also includes a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- In addition to the amazing added value to their Starter Kit, you get to be a part of our Stampin’ Up! amazing community of crafters. As an added bonus, you get to enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, early access to products, and exclusive access to training events.
If you want to know more, please contact me. Otherwise, you can sign up by clicking the button below.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.