I have a clean and simple card today; Whiskey Business You’re Top Shelf. It only requires a little coloring, cutting, and embossing and I’m going to show you how to make it.
The stamp set, Whiskey Business, is in the 2022-2023 annual catalog on page 82. It doesn’t have coordinating dies, but the decanter and glass are easy enough to cut out with your Paper Snips.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ piece of Basic White Thick cardstock, score and fold at 5 1/2″ to form your card base.
- Sandwich a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock in the Brick & Mortar embossing folder and run through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Stamp the small wood shelf on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 6 times (to form a large shelf) using Soft Suede ink.
- Color the large shelf with your Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and trim to measure 1″ x 4″.
- Adhere the shelf to the embossed piece using Stampin’ SEAL and attach to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Stamp using the masking technique
- Stamp the small glass on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Memento black ink.
- Make a mask of the glass. To make a mask, stamp the image on a post it note, being sure that a portion of the image is stamped where the sticky part is underneath, and cut out with your Paper Snips.
- Place the mask over the stamped image and stamp the decanter, with the bottom right corner slightly overlapping the glass, using Memento black ink.
- Remove the mask and color the whiskey and decanter with the following Stampin’ Blends: Daffodil Delight, Medium Natural Tone, Pool Party, and So Saffron.
- Fussy cut the decanter and glass. (Fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Stamp your sentiment on a 3/8″ x 4″ piece of Crumb Cake cardstock using Soft Sued ink.
- Cut a 3/4″ x 4″ piece of Soft Suede cardstock and trim the left side of it and the sentiment piece diagonally using your Paper Snips.
- Layer and adhere the sentiment to the Soft Suede piece, having the sentiment stick out further on the left side, and trim the right side off with your Paper Snips.
- Adhere the decanter/glass and the sentiment to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Rustic Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots as shown.
How was that for a clean and simple card? I would love to know what you think of my Whiskey Business You’re Top Shelf card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Whiskey Business You’re Top Shelf card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
New Stampin’ Up! Kit Added
Stampin’ Up! has added a new kit and it is so “stinking” cute!
We all know that sometimes life stinks. When it does, there’s a simple solution: The Best Remedy Kit! Make one of the adorable, under-the-weather animals the focal point of your card. Then customize your project with the stamp set and embellishments. The stamp set includes cute images and fun phrases that are sure to deliver a smile. When someone you love needs a pick-me-up, this kit offers the perfect remedy! Also available in French.
- The Best Remedy Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Starry Sky Classic Stampin’ Spot
- 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs
- Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- 9 coordinating envelopes
- 1 clear block
Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Polished Pink, Starry Sky
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.