I have a cute card for you today, made with the Cheerful Basket stamp set. I find it just adorable, but I happen to be a cat person.
When I first saw this set in the 2022-2023 annual catalog, I just had to have it. Actually, any stamp set that has a cute little cat or dog is always at the top of my list. The little critters are always a challenge to color, but the Stampin’ Blends really do help you achieve a seamless fur look.
Speaking of Stampin’ Blends, they also allow you to create a beautiful Honeycrisp apple using Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, and Real Red.
Here is a picture of the actual stamp bundle. It is on page 35 of the 2022-2023 annual catalog.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Balmy Blue cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Sandwich a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Balmy Blue cardstock in the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder and run through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Lay a 3 ¼” x 4 ½” piece of Basic White cardstock on a scrap piece of paper and apply some Balmy Blue and Old Olive ink using your Blending Brushes.
- Layer and adhere the inked piece, diagonally, to a another 3 ¼” x 4 ½” piece of Basic White cardstock. Then, attach it to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Time to stamp
- On a piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the following; one cat using Basic Gray ink, a pile of apples using Memento Black ink, and the barrel using Soft Suede ink.
- Color the barrel using Crumb Cake light, So Saffron light, and Soft Suede light and dark Stampin’ Blends. Next, color the cat using Crumb Cake light, Gray Granite light, Light Tones, Smoky Slate dark, and So Saffron light Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp five more partial sets of apples on a piece of scrap Basic White cardstock using Memento black ink. (hint- you will only be using the left side of the stamp with the large whole apple in the front. You do not need to ink up the entire stamp.)
- Color one pile of apples and the five whole apples (being sure to extend past the bottom ink lines) using the following Stampin’ Blends; Daffodil Delight light, Granny Apple Green light, and Real Red light.
- Crop the cat, barrel, pile of apples, and the five separate apples with the Full Basket dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Once the single apples are cropped, run the cut, stamped image back through your machine, cropping out three of the leaves that are attached to the stem. (hint- you will have to do one at a time although there are two leaves on the die.)
- Color the leaves with your Basic Black light and Mossy Meadow light Stampin’ Blends. (hint- color all the white parts extending past the stamp lines as well.)
- Adhere the pile of apples to the barrel, and the leaves to the apples, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp your sentiment on a ½” x 2” piece of Basic White cardstock using Sweet Sorbet ink.
- Adhere the sentiment, the barrel (with apples), the cat, and the five apples to the card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Brushed Brass Butterflies as shown.
Are you a fan of the critter stamp sets too? I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my card featuring the Cheerful Basket stamp set.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the card featuring the Cheerful Basket stamp set, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
August 2022 Kit to Go: Sending Smiles
My new kit to go: Sending Smiles is now available. It is featuring the stamp set Sending Smiles and the coordinating dies, Sending.
This six card beauty has three different kit options to choose from. It is available to purchase now through Tuesday, August 2nd.
Click here or on the picture above to learn more about this bright, beautiful kit.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.