Today I am playing along with the Global Design Project team. The challenge is to come up with a creation based upon the above design. I think the Under My Umbrella stamp set is a perfect choice for this challenge.
Rather than depicting the umbrella and rain boots with a springy-shower, I decided to give some beautiful spring life to them by adorning them with fresh flowers.
The flowers are all colored with Stampin’ Blends, and the red ones in particular were colored using a combination. The Rich Razzleberry light and Real Red light combined give them a unique color that “pops”.
After my therapeutic coloring session, I went to work on the layers and coordinating colors. I chose Granny Apple Green for my base layer and the new In Good Taste Designer Series Paper to give some contrast.
I then gave the card some dimension by using Stampin’ Dimensionals to lift the circle layer and flowers.
The final touches were achieved by adding a little more Granny Apple Green and the sentiment “thanks friend” across the center.
I hope you enjoy my Thanks Friend Under My Umbrella card as much as I enjoyed making it. All of the supplies to make this card can be found here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up for my Product Shares by June 2nd.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.