Halloween is right around the corner, so it’s a perfect time for a Bag of Bones treat bag!
This cute treat bag is for TGIF challenges #440, where are theme is “candy”. It can hold quite a bit of the miniature sized candy, or a nice handful of Ghirardelli squares. I happen to put both in my bag, but I also added a sheet of tissue paper for a pop of color.
The bag is adorned with the cute skeletons from the Bag of Bones bundle. It is a set that I just couldn’t resist, the adorable little cat and dog had me hooked.
The bundle is part of the “Them Bones” suite and includes this vibrant DSP as well. The Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Starry Sky colors make a nice combination.
To make this fun treat bag
- Begin with two pieces of Them Bones DSP, each measuring 6” x 6”.
- Score one of the pieces at 1” and 4 ½”, turn the paper 90 degrees, and score at 1 ½” and 4 ½”. Repeat on the other sheet of DSP.
- Fold both pieces of DSP on the 1” score line and adhere in place with a piece of Tear & Tape. Burnish the other score lines with your Bone Folder.
- Cut one of the pieces of DSP on the bottom horizontal score line, across until it meets the vertical score line. Cut the other piece on the same score line but cut the bottom vertical lines up to the horizontal line too, to remove the bottom corners. (see photo)
- Apply Tear & Tape to the bottom-center piece of the DSP with the corners present. Then, apply some Tear & Tape to the left and right sides of the DSP with the missing corners.
- Lay the DSP with the missing corners, upside down, on top of the other piece of DSP, remove the paper from the tape and adhere in place.
- Close the two pieces into the shape of a bag, remove the paper from the tape, and adhere together.
- Use your Take Your Pick tool and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to poke four holes in the top of the bag, two on each side.
- Thread two 10” pieces of Black & White Gingham ribbon through the holes and tie a knot on the ends to form your handles.
Time to stamp
- Stamp a skeleton and a cat on a piece of Basic Black cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust it with some White embossing powder and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Crop the images, a mausoleum in Pumpkin Pie cardstock, the door in Pebbled Path cardstock, and a 2” strip of grass in Basic Black cardstock with the Them Bones dies using your Cut & Emboss machine.
- Stamp your sentiment and a bat on a piece of Basic White cardstock using Versamark ink. Quickly dust it with some Black embossing powder and set in place with your Heat Tool.
- Punch the sentiment and a piece of Starry Sky cardstock with the Double Oval punch. Layer and adhere the two ovals together.
- Adhere the mausoleum, the door, and the grass together using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG) and attach to the bag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply some Stampin’ Dimensionals to the backs of the skeleton, cat, and sentiment and attach to the bag. (hint- apply a double stack of Dimensionals under the right side of the sentiment, while leaving the back left side with one layer. This will ensure that it sits evenly since the sentiment overhangs the mausoleum. Also, be sure to only apply Dimensionals (cut pieces of them) to the areas of the skeleton that will be over the mausoleum.)
- Tie a piece of Silver & White Sheer ribbon around the front ribbon handle, tie a bow, and trim the ends.
- Attach three Glow-In-The-Dark Bats & Ghosts embellishments to the front and stuff your bag with tissue paper and candy as shown.
Want an easy to read copy of instructions that you can print or download? A complete PDF tutorial, with more pictures, can be found by clicking the button below.
Are you up for the candy challenge? We would love to see a great candy treat package, or maybe even a candy themed scrapbook page – and of course, a candy themed card would be great too! Just head on over to the TGIF Challenges Blog, and join us by uploading your creation.
I would also love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Bag of Bones Treat Bag for TGIFC#440.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Bag of Bones Treat Bag, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.