Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is a Color Challenge. Using Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow, the Design Team has created some great projects that you will all want to see. We hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For this challenge, I combined two stamp sets; Jar of Flowers and Cheerful Basket. After all, who doesn’t like a basket full of sunflowers?
Luckily, two sets of the sunflowers fit in the basket perfectly. And, the best part is, it all works so well together for this color challenge!
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Apply a small dab of Stampin’ SEAL to a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and stick on a scrap piece of paper. Lay the Artistic Mix Decorative Mask on top and secure in place with removable tape.
- Color over the mask with Crumb Cake ink using a Blending Brush.
- Adhere the colored piece to a 4” x 5” piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and adhere to the card base using Stampin’ SEAL.
- On a piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the following in Memento black ink; three sets of sunflowers and one basket.
- Color the sunflowers and basket with the following colors using your Blender Pens; Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, and Mossy Meadow. (hint- you only need to color two of the sunflowers on one of the images since they will be cut out.)
Time to cut
- Crop the basket with the Full Basket dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Then, fussy cut your sunflowers; two full sets and only two flowers from the other. (fussy cut means to cut out with your Paper Snips)
- Carefully cut underneath one of the sunflowers to separate it from the greenery beneath it. Slide the other set of sunflowers into the cut, adhere them together, and attach them both to the top of the basket using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (MLG).
- Adhere the basket and flowers to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment on a 1” x 3” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock using Craft White ink.
- Once your sentiment is dry, punch the ends with the Banners Pick a Punch and attach to the card. To do this, apply some Stampin’ Dimensionals to the bottom half and top right corner, then apply some MLG to the top half. (hint- this will ensure that it is the same height as the basket.)
- Adhere the two sunflowers to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color three Pearl Basic Jewels with your Cajun Craze dark Stampin’ Blend and attach to the card as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for this card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 9th when the theme will be Home for the Holidays.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Jar of Flowers Meets Cheerful Basket Color Challenge card for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make my Jar of Flowers Meets Cheerful Basket Color Challenge card for the Pals Blog Hop, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Retired Products Sale
Did you have your eye on a stamp set or some designer series paper (DSP) from last year, but missed out? Well, I have just listed all my retired sets, paper, embellishments, and more on my website and the sale is going on now! Items are heavily discounted and are in need of a new home.
The items are listed under the shop button at the top of my blog, but here is a shortcut to get you there quicker.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.