The Shaded Summer Sorry for Your Loss card is full of texture. It has several layers, some of which are a little marred.
I love giving my cards texture, and the new Cork Specialty paper makes it easy. This great paper is a new addition from the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog and became available to order yesterday.
Another new product, along with this fabulous Cork paper is the Summer Shadows dies. They are on page 13 of the Sale-a-Bration brochure and are FREE with a $100 purchase.
They coordinate with the stamp set called Shaded Summer. It can be found on page 75 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Basic White Thick cardstock. Score and fold at 4 1/4″ to form your card base.
- Cut a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Subtles designer series paper (DSP), mar the edges of it with your bone folder, roll the corners of it, and adhere to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere a 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Cork Specialty paper (diagonally) to the card using Stampin’ SEAL
Time to stamp
- Stamp a textured background (from the Natural Textures stamp set) on a 3″ x 4″ piece of Basic White cardstock with So Saffron ink using the stamp off method. (stamp off means to ink up your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper, then without re-inking your stamp, stamp your image where desired)
- Add some ink splatter to your Basic White piece. Do this by inking up a small clear block with So Saffron ink and drop some water on it with your Water Painter. Dip your Water Painter into the colored puddle, hold it above your Basic White piece and flick the end with your finger.
- Once your droplets are dry, stamp your sentiment in the bottom right corner with Cinnamon Cider ink using the stamp off method (see method above).
- Sandwich the Basic White piece into the Tasteful Texture embossing folder and run through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Mar up the edges of your piece with your bone folder and adhere to the card using Stampin’ SEAL.
Making the details
- Make a mask of the flowers. To make a mask, stamp the image on a post it note, being sure that a portion of the image is stamped where the sticky part is underneath, and cut out with your Paper Snips.
- Using your Stamparatus, ink up the flowers of your stamp using Bumblebee and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Markers. Give them a “huff” of hot air (like you are trying to fog up a mirror) and stamp on a piece of Basic White cardstock.
- Place your masks over the flowers you just stamped and stamp over them again by inking up the entire stamp in Pear Pizzazz ink.
- Crop your flower with the Summer Shadows dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. Adhere to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach three Elegant Faceted Gems as shown.
- To add a little shimmer, add a little Wink of Stella to the yellow portion of the flowers.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my Shaded Summer Sorry for Your Loss card.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make the Shaded Summer Sorry for Your Loss card, you can click here or any of the photos below. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
Earn FREE Product with Sale-A-Bration
Sale-A-Bration (SAB) is in full force and will be in effect until September 30th. With every $50 or $100 you spend (before tax & shipping) you get to choose a FREE SAB product.
There are many great products to choose from, including four packs of paper, four stamp sets, and two sets of die cuts. It even has a host stamp set that can be earned by hosting a party and totaling over $300 in sales.
The Sale-A-Bration brochure can be found on the sidebar to the right or by clicking the button below.
Sale-A-Bration Join Promotion
Have you ever thought of joining Stampin’ Up!? Now is a great time to do so! Build your starter kit by selecting $125 worth of product for just $99. And, during Sale-A-Bration, you get to choose a FREE stamp bundle from the July-December 2021 Mini.*
*The select stamp bundles can be found on page 19 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
If you would like to learn more about joining Stampin’ Up!, you can do so here.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.