Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Focus on the Sentiment. Our Design Team are showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals share with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Focusing on a good sentiment can be rather challenging. Most of them are too small to steal the spotlight, but I happened to find the perfect one. Not only is it the perfect size, but the meaning behind it really resonates with me.
It’s a great message from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Inviting you to pave your own way in life is sound advice. And, when you pair it with a great mix of wildflower stamps, it’s rather easy to make an inspiring card.
Now, on to the card.
To make the card
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 8 ½” piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock, score and fold at 4 ¼” to form your card base.
- Lay a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Basic White cardstock on a scrap piece of paper and prepare to stamp.
- Stamp a row of grass along the bottom edge of your piece with Mossy Meadow ink using the stamp off method. (stamp off means to ink up your stamp, stamp on a piece of scrap paper, then without re-inking your stamp, stamp your image where desired). Repeat using Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Ink up the flower stem with leaves using Mossy Meadow ink, and stamp in random heights, using the stamp off method. (hint- since the stem is rather long, only apply ink to the area that will be above the grass. Inking the entire stamp will muddy up the grass area.)
- Using the stamp off method again, stamp the flowers in Calypso Coral ink.
- Color a 7” piece of White Frayed ribbon with your dark Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blend. (hint- lay your ribbon on a scrap piece of paper while doing it and be sure to let it dry before handling it.)
- Wrap your colored ribbon, as well as a 7” piece of Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding ribbon on top, around your piece, secure their ends with adhesive, and adhere to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock. Attach to your card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp your sentiment on a piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock using Mossy Meadow ink. Then stamp two small flowers in Calypso Coral ink and some leaves in Mossy Meadow ink, both using the stamp off method, on a piece of Basic White cardstock.
- Crop your sentiment with the 2nd largest square from the Stylish Shapes dies using your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Adhere your sentiment to the card using Stampin Dimensionals. (hint only apply the Dimensionals to the area that is not covering the ribbon.)
- Fussy cut your flowers and leaves and adhere them to the corner of your sentiment using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut two pieces of Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding ribbon, hold them together while tying a bow, and attach to the card using a Glue Dot.
- Attach three Brushed Brass Butterflies as shown.
A complete PDF tutorial for this card can be found by clicking on the button below.
Before you go
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 12th when our theme will be a color challenge!
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja<<You are here on the lineup
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Lori L Webb at Clever Copies
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think of my card that focuses on the sentiment for the Pals Blog Hop.
If you would like to purchase the supplies used to make my Wildflower Path, with a focus on the sentiment, for the Pals Blog Hop card, you can click here or any of the photos above. When ordering, be sure to enter my monthly host code to take advantage of the Ninja Loyalty Rewards Program.
One Day Only Stamp Sale
Tomorrow, Stampin’ Up! is having a stamp sale. Select stamp sets will be 15% off. This is a one day only sale, so don’t miss out.
The list of select stamp sets on sale can be found by clicking the button below.
Weekly Deals in September
Every week in the month of September Stampin’ Up! will be offering a selection of discounted products. The discounts and product selection will vary from week to week, so be sure to check in every Thursday in the month of September to see what they are.
Here are the deals for September 8-14
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to…
- Sign up for my Newsletter and receive a FREE exclusive PDF Tutorial.
- Sign up to get blog posts delivered to your in box.
- Use this Month’s Host Code on orders under $150 to earn your way to a FREE $50 shopping spree on me using the Ninja Rewards Loyalty Program.
- Shop and save the CLEARANCE RACK and PRODUCT BUNDLES.
- View My Gallery for more great inspiration.
- Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.